Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Old Are The Members of The Fedora Lounge?

what's your age group

• under 25

Votes: 50 16.0%
  • 25-35

Votes: 71 22.7%
  • 36-45

Votes: 48 15.3%
  • 45-and over

Votes: 144 46.0%

• Total voters

Pilgrim

One Too Many
I suspect it's because the Hon. Nick Charles, who initiated this thread, is a young sprat of 31. From that viewpoint, any age past 50 may look practically prehysterical. From the grand viewpoint of 55, it doesn't look that way to me!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
The poll results really surprised me--I'm glad the age distribution is fairly even. For some reason I thought it would have skewed younger.

Mr Nick

New in Town
Born in 1960

Yep. 45. Got daughters of 23, 12 and 9. Also a 1 1/2 y.o. GRANDSON! The age messes with my mind some but when I became a GRANDPA it hit like a ton of bricks! (The greying hair was kind-of a giveaway too!) Hey, you may not be as young, or old, as you feel, but you're ask old as you act! Enjoy life and love others no matter what your age!;)

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nineteen Sixty-One

The year Yuri Gagarin and Alan Shepherd went into space, the year JFK took office, the year of Roger Maris' "61*" and the last year for tail fins on Chrysler products. ;)

The Jet Age had begun in earnest, but there were still steam locomotives in regular revenue service.

If I live to be 80, I'll have lived half my life in the 20th and 21st centuries.

If I live to be 100, I may get a chance to see Halley's Comet. I missed it the last time, it didn't pass close enough to Earth to be really visible. :eusa_doh:

LizzieMaine

Bartender
1963. Six months old when JFK was shot. Had a terrible time with turning 40 -- ended up going thru a health crisis and a divorce all around that same time, and figured, well, at least it's taking my mind off my age....

Pilgrim

One Too Many
"In particular you start to notice the same things coming round again and again, like moral panics about the terrible state of modern youth."

Isn't it true??

One of the things I've gotten a big laugh out of over the past few years is school principals in conservative communities sending boys home because their hair was down over their collars (if they had collars).

I REALLY thought we had that settled in the 60's. In fact, most of those principals were kids in the 60's. What happened to them, I wonder????

When they had a crackdown on hair in my high school, the art teacher grew hair UNDER his chin - none on his chin or face, so it wasn't a beard - and braided beads in it. The admin didn't know what to do with him, so they let him alone. Smart move.

One of my more rebellious male high school classmates responded to the "no beards" edit by wearing spandex shorts (of the required length) that were so tight you could tell his religion, and he shaved racing stripes down both legs. he was a really hairy guy, so the stripes stood out.

All these crackdowns do is stimulate resistance. The Gestapo-minded career enforcers can never figure this out.

And of course, movements in K-12 education come around in circles every 20-30 years. Politics too, and I'm waiting for it to happen in the next general election.

silhouette53

One of the Regulars
As old as you feel / think

I'm 52 (going on 25!) I really believe that if you tell yourself you're 'old' then you'll begin to feel old. Sure, time takes its toll and things you could do at 20 you either can't do at all or can't do as easily but there are things you can do to slow the process down a little.

Eat healthily

Exercise plenty:eusa_doh:

DON'T drink :rolleyes: (excessively)

DEFINATELY DON'T SMOKE !!!!:eek:

Caledonia

Practically Family
42. Born in '63 the year of Martin Luther King's 'I have a dream' speech, and 3 days after Kennedy was shot. Valentina Tereshlova Sikorsky becomes first woman in space in Vostok 6. The 'Great Train Robbery' happens in Buckinghamshire, and, wait for it, the 'hover' lawnmower by Flymo is invented. Wondered what the 40s would be like, and so far I wouldn't trade it for a year younger. Also my favourite golden era decade, how curious is that? What will the 50s do I wonder? Can't wait!

Irena

One of the Regulars
JoyfulGirl said:
I'm 22, been interested in the Golden Era since I got the American Girl doll whose story takes place during WWII as a birthday present when I was 8.

Molly! I loved Molly!

Oh, and I'm 18.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Another Reagan baby, helpfully born in the Orwellian Year O' Doom. I'm 22. If I've already posted somewhere in this thread I don't remember it... early senility? I'm so old I remember Atari! lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24