Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Old Are The Members of The Fedora Lounge?

what's your age group

• under 25

Votes: 50 16.0%
  • 25-35

Votes: 71 22.7%
  • 36-45

Votes: 48 15.3%
  • 45-and over

Votes: 144 46.0%

• Total voters
So how was it serving under Stonewall Jackson? Oh, I'm sorry. I meant Andrew Jackson.

That Peggy Eaton Affair took up far too much valuable time. That assasination attempt also made him much more paranoid for the rest of his term but Old Hickory persevered.
God help you if you challenged him or his honor. He killed the Second Bank of the US and smashed Congressional disapproval of Martin Van Buren by appointing him as his vice -president when they turned him back as ambassador to England. Van Buren suceeded him as president as a continuing thumb in the eye to Congress. He got what he wanted and as long as you knew that, you could work with him just fine.
How was your tenure under Andrew Johnson?

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
That Peggy Eaton Affair took up far too much valuable time. That assasination attempt also made him much more paranoid for the rest of his term but Old Hickory persevered.
God help you if you challenged him or his honor. He killed the Second Bank of the US and smashed Congressional disapproval of Martin Van Buren by appointing him as his vice -president when they turned him back as ambassador to England. Van Buren suceeded him as president as a continuing thumb in the eye to Congress. He got what he wanted and as long as you knew that, you could work with him just fine.
How was your tenure under Andrew Johnson?

I married his daughter...:eusa_doh:

Mr Badger

Practically Family
Remember those days well, and although I have "nostalgic" thoughts about them, I hope they don't come back...

I wholly support this viewpoint! Sadly, it'd seem that, as with many other forms of popular culture, what the younger set call a 'mash up' is happening with clothing - I see clothing from different decades inappropriately mixed and worn without any sense of style all the time.

Current bugbears:
'Jeggings' - shurely, all these teen gals aren't Max Wall fans?
Skintight jeans - akin to badly-fitted sausage casings!
Unlaced 'combat' boots - usually cheap, pre-distressed, plastic-soled approximations, especially horrible when combined with the aforementioned articles, giving wearers the silhouette of a golf club...

For US FLers, this is the late, great Max Wall, noted comedian and thesp:

max-wall.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran