Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Old Are The Members of The Fedora Lounge?

what's your age group

• under 25

Votes: 50 16.0%
  • 25-35

Votes: 71 22.7%
  • 36-45

Votes: 48 15.3%
  • 45-and over

Votes: 144 46.0%

• Total voters

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Ok Santa

The line from Miracle On 34Th Street:

I am older than my teeth, but the same age as my tounge.

Is that quote right? It's close :p

And there is the movie with Monte Wooly, I forget which....
He is the older grandfatherly man who befriends a young girl, turning heads in
the strict society of the day.

The quote is something like:

She's 20, and your're 60!!!

Yes Madam!, and when she's 30, I'll be 70! And when she's 40, I'll only be 80!
Pretty soon she's going to catch up to me!

(Do the math: the precentages change from 33% to 50% differential!)

If anyone remembers the movie, and the exact quote, it is funny, and true!
An "older man" with a "younger woman" becomes less of an issue with the passage of time. Oh, how times flies ;)

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Well, I am old enough to be most of you folks' mother, and some your grandmother.

I don't know how I got this age: was born in the Summer of '42 and share the same age as many famous singers: Streisand, McCartney, Brian Wilson (who has the same exact birthday as me), and the fabulous Aretha!

I also share the same birth year as Casablanca, the movie. I am a war baby.

Vintage.

karol

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Andykev said:
She's 20, and your're 60!!!

Yes Madam!, and when she's 30, I'll be 70! And when she's 40, I'll only be 80!
Pretty soon she's going to catch up to me!

Or as 70something Joan Collins says of her 30something lover:
"Hey, if he dies, he dies.."

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
K.D. Lightner said:
Well, I am old enough to be most of you folks' mother, and some your grandmother.

I don't know how I got this age: was born in the Summer of '42 and share the same age as many famous singers: Streisand, McCartney, Brian Wilson (who has the same exact birthday as me), and the fabulous Aretha!

I also share the same birth year as Casablanca, the movie. I am a war baby.

Vintage.

karol

Summer of '42, ehhh? Is Jennifer O'Neill your mom?

jake431

Practically Family
Somehow...

I'm 31. I don't remember when I stopped feeling different on my birthday, but I know I don't feel any older than I did when I was 25... I still get carded for bars and sometimes for cigarettes at gas stations, so I take it in stride.

-Jake

Chad Sanborn

A-List Customer
I am 33. Its an awkward age. I don't feel old, but when I go to bars they are filled with college students, who think I am middle aged!

Chad

Doe Peterson

New in Town
Chad Sanborn said:
I don't feel old, but when I go to bars they are filled with college students, who think I am middle aged!
Chad

I sometimes feel middle-aged when I'm around college students! This year I'll be celebrating the 8th anniversary of my 29th birthday.

Dahlia

Familiar Face
I'm 20...

I'm thankful for the broad age range of members here, I've noticed that age especially can add a lot to the topics that are discussed, and I appreciate what I have learned so far from my (I will not say older, but) wiser peers. :)

Chad Sanborn

A-List Customer
I am really suprised by the number of people in thier 20's and under who frequent this board. Peer pressure can be tough, and to stick to your guns and wear clothes that go against the pop culture of today, is something I admire!
It's a sign of confidence in who you are.

Chad

Dahlia

Familiar Face
Thanks for the encouragement, Chad. I've just recently been really getting into the era, but I've enjoyed vintage fashion, movies, etc. for as long as I can remember (hey, I grew up on stuff like I Love Lucy and the old Zorro TV series and I remember watching West Side Story nearly every day ;) ). I enjoy browsing through vintage and antique stores much more than going to any store in the mall. I think people my age need to seek out "The Golden Era" and its attributes moreso than the current popular entertainment of today since they aren't bombarded with it daily like everything else. It's been very encouraging to see how welcoming everyone on the board is, no matter one's age or level of knowledge of the era.

IndianaGuybrush

One of the Regulars
I'm 23 in September, but I've been wearing brimmed hats since I was around 15 or 16. I've always loved the look so to hell with what anybody else thinks. I've gotten more complements on my fedoras than on any other single article of clothing I've ever owned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo