Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Sweet It Is - Stetson Fifty

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
Just received my latest acquisition, and what a beauty. I have been in search of a tan colored hat for sometime now. This fills the bill beautifully. A Stetson Fifty, 2 3/4" bound brim, 4 1/2" diamond crown. I may just leave it as is, it would be hard to improve on this one.

MVC-091F.jpg

MVC-092F.jpg

MVC-093F.jpg

MVC-094F.jpg

I will have to get some photos in the daylight tomorrow.

Duck

Practically Family
Bud, That is one sweet hat!!!!!!! Beautiful thin ribbon. I seen it has the Marshall hat pin.
Love the sweat band, just like the one in my Stetson with the same hat pin.

Jerekson

One Too Many
I take my hat off to you

Thin ribbons aren't always my thing, but I love that hat.

Have fun with it.

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
First off, thanks to everyone for the kind comments. I was hoping to uncover some more "50's" if any others have one. As to your question Felty, I guess my answer may be a bit vague, but the hat is stiffer than some, but more pliable than others. It is in that grey area we have all heard about. Not as soft as my older Borso's, Stetson's or Dobb's, but more pliable than anything that I have seen available on todays market. :whistling Someone needs to invent a pliability meter that we could use to gauge our hats with. This would insure a more accurate standard. :eusa_doh:

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
I've had a Stetson 100 and a Dobbs Westward 50, but never a Stetson 50. In fact this one is the first I've seen. Undoubtedly one of their better creations. Nice rare stetson to add to any collection.

fedoralover

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
DOUGLAS said:
Bud, I guess you will need to wear the stiffness out.

lol Somehow wearing the stiffness out, sounds like a bad thing. Actually I like the felt in this hat. It holds up well to the windy conditions of spring here in central Texas.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Having some body never hurts, I was saying that in regards to the fit and pliability.I enjoy breaking in some hats as I know that in due time they will fit like no other.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner