Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Howard Hughes

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hey guys,

I've been searching for Howard Hughes' photos with him sporting his hats. Though I remember seeing photos here before, I can't seem to find them. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

RockBottom

One of the Regulars
HK-1_cockpit_HowardHughes.jpg

Hughes1.jpg

howard_hughes_plane.jpg

Dixon Cannon

Yes, curious isn't it...

RBH said:
The bottom photo had been flipped.

That is from a book on HRH put out by the original 'Spruce Goose' exhibitors. Expensive too!... you'd have thought that the editor would have caught that one!

-dixon cannon

Wesne

One of the Regulars
Dixon Cannon said:
That is from a book on HRH put out by the original 'Spruce Goose' exhibitors. Expensive too!... you'd have thought that the editor would have caught that one!

-dixon cannon

It's disconcerting how often this kind of thing happens. Ken Burns' recent World War II PBS series, for example, was chock full of clips that had been reversed.

Dixon Cannon

That's the $64 question...

Fredthecat said:
So what Brands and models and colours are the hats Hughes is wearing in the photos?

One can only assume he eventually wore the Stetson 'Stratoliner' as his TWA airplanes were the inspiration (the Strat pin is a TWA aircraft). He probably
got them for free, as well! (The cheap so-and-so!)

Anyone else know his brand?

-dixon cannon

Naphtali

Practically Family
The photograph of him arriving for HUAC hearings is what nearly all male members of the Fedora Lounge would like to emulate. And by the way, his last HUAC public interrogation was a doozy, giving new meaning to the word chutzpah.

Jay

Practically Family
Naphtali said:
The photograph of him arriving for HUAC hearings is what nearly all male members of the Fedora Lounge would like to emulate. And by the way, his last HUAC public interrogation was a doozy, giving new meaning to the word chutzpah.
Which picture would that be again?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL