Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hunting Hitler on the History Channel

filfoster

One Too Many
I am going to take the advice of y'all worthy folks and bid this thread bon chance! It's time for a drink in the bar and watch the latest episode of Hunting Hitler. I heard they've found the nephew of a man who claims he carried AH's luggage in Nassau at Junkanoo and was tipped badly. And they've found bounced checks on AH's bank account dating from the '50's.

Blackjack

One Too Many
Here i thought this thread was deader than Hitler himself. What I find funny actually sad is that when I started this thread not one "educated historian" said "well...it's POSSIBLE that he escaped and the evidence was falsified, but I would doubt it due to the fact of the preponderance of evidence against it. I played the devils advocate through this to see if anyone would, but like so many subjects people think they know a lot about they close their minds to anything except what "they" accept as truth, the REAL STORY. I grew up in a police/FBI family and my old man used to tell me no matter how convinced you are of something, the "truth" can always change on a dime when someone else talks

TimeWarpWife

One of the Regulars
I can assure everyone that at almost 127 years since the date of his birth coming up, Hitler is dead. Otherwise the lunatics of this world, mostly the media, would have found him by now and be preparing for the biggest birthday celebration of the oldest living person on earth. I kid you not there is a woman who wrote a book that actually claims Himmler was a great father and not such a bad guy after all. Dear God there are some seriously mentally disturbed people in this world passing as intellectuals now days. I have no doubt these same people would probably be trying to get Hitler a pardon if he was still alive. :mad: Because there is irrefutable proof that some Nazis did escape and settled in other countries after the war, I believe some did escape justice - at least in this life. Did Hitler escape? Impossible, no, probable, also no. IMHO with the evidence I've read about or watched on TV, I believe he and Eva Braun died at their own hands in that underground bunker. While it probably would have made some people feel better had AH been captured, tried, and executed, as long as that evil piece of crap is dead and can't harm anyone anymore, I'm good with it.

Last edited:

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
The highest NAZI to evade capture was, Joseph Mengele. He died in 1979 in Bertioga , Sao Paulo, Brazil. Before you say ahha, proof that NAZI's evaded detection, the Israeli Mossad was always just one step behind him! He lived his years always looking over his shoulder! If Hitler had escaped, they would have known where he was!

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I can assure everyone that at almost 127 years since the date of his birth coming up, Hitler is dead. Otherwise the lunatics of this world, mostly the media, would have found him by now and be preparing for the biggest birthday celebration of the oldest living person on earth. I kid you not there is a woman who wrote a book that actually claims Himmler was a great father and not such a bad guy after all. Dear God there are some seriously mentally disturbed people in this world passing as intellectuals now days. I have no doubt these same people would probably be trying to get Hitler a pardon if he was still alive. :mad: Because there is irrefutable proof that some Nazis did escape and settled in other countries after the war, I believe some did escape justice - at least in this life. Did Hitler escape? Impossible, no, probable, also no. IMHO with the evidence I've read about or watched on TV, I believe he and Eva Braun died at their own hands in that underground bunker. While it probably would have made some people feel better had AH been captured, tried, and executed, as long as that evil piece of crap is dead and can't harm anyone anymore, I'm good with it.

I think most of the conspiracy theorists are on the opposite side of the floor from the actual intellectuals. It's not that they think too much, it's that they only think they think. There have always been this type of character among us -- the Era had its share of mimeographed fringe newsletters postulating all sorts of crackpotism. I enjoy collecting such publications, and some of the groups that put out such publications survive to the present day.

I would have very much enjoyed seeing newsreels of Zhukov driving down the Unter den Linden with Adolf's head for a hood ornament -- I don't like that he got to set the terms for his own death. But the overwhelming evidence is that this is exactly what happened. Only in comic books and grade Z movies, and on screwball websites did Hitler escape.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I just realized something, with all the sightings of Hitler in just the late 40s through the 50s, could keep this show on the air for at least a decade! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko