Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hunting Hitler on the History Channel

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
I love you guys. Oswald killed Kennedy, Roswell was a weather balloon, Hitler killed himself. What makes you guys think you you know these things for sure? No one knows any of these things for sure, and to positively state that other people are wrong just because your opinions, and I repeat opinions don't agree makes you sound more foolish than any conspiracy theory. The Government covers up all sorts of things ( unless you also believe they always tell us the truth) as far as the Hitler thing goes, remember it all started with declassified FBI documents that showed they were tracing his movements in South America. It's best to say I doubt it's true, or we'll see if they come up with hard evidence than stating for sure that everyone who has questions or an open mind to the fact that there ARE coverups in this world are idiots-

Gotcha, BJ.

I'd chat some more, but I've got to milk my unicorns.

DNO

One Too Many
As a British Army intelligence officer, Hugh Trevor Roper was tasked with determining Hitler's fate, once the war ended in Germany. His conclusion was that Hitler committed suicide in Berlin. He published his research in 1947 in The Last Days of Hitler. Although his reputation took a bit of a beating in the Hitler diaries fiasco in the 80s his earlier works are still quite respected.

DNO

One Too Many
Interesting that the Guardian article does point out that the suspect skull fragment was discovered a year after Hitler's body was found and that Hitler's dental record matched the original find. Frankly the DNA test simply proves they found a fragment from another body. Without being too grisly, I suspect there were quite a few skull fragments around Berlin by the end of the war.

They're going to need a lot better evidence than that to throw the original story out the window.

Last edited:

Blackjack

One Too Many
Ok, so Hitlers skull that has been in the Kremlin all these years has been proved not to be his. They have interviewed the pilot that flew him out of germany who passed a polygraph ( if that means anything to anyone here ) they have all this evidence that "points" to the fact he escaped including not one person saw his body after he supposedly died. Add that to the fact that it's common knowledge that scores of German officers fled to Argentina. What is so hard to believe here? Just because we were told years ago that he blew his brains out in the bunker we should now ignore any and all evidence that he may have scrammed out with all the others?? LOL that's ludicrous. Hell, we all believed the Gulf of Tonkin fairytale that got us into Vietnam until recently when the CIA admitted the attacks never in fact even happened... shit changes, roll with it baby

Blackjack

One Too Many
Interesting that the Guardian article does point out that the suspect skull fragment was discovered a year after Hitler's body was found and that Hitler's dental record matched the original find. Frankly the DNA test simply proves they found a fragment from another body. Without being too grisly, I suspect there were quite a few skull fragments around Berlin by the end of the war.

They're going to need a lot better evidence than that to throw the original story out the window.
What you just said is more true in reverse. Without anyone who witnessed him shooting himself ( and not a soul did) and now no physical evidence that he was even there, they'll need a lot more evidence to show he DID kill himself, before they have to start re writing the books.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Why let the truth get in the way of a good story.
To quote 'The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance.'
"When the legend becomes fact, print the legend."
You need to watch From Noon Til Three, staring Charles Bronson! When Jill Ireland thinks he's dead, she writes a book, where he becomes the greatest outlaw in history. When he comes back, every one laughs at him when he try's to claim his mantle, because he doesn't measure up to the fictional version of him.

Blackjack

One Too Many
You need to watch From Noon Til Three, staring Charles Bronson! When Jill Ireland thinks he's dead, she writes a book, where he becomes the greatest outlaw in history. When he comes back, every one laughs at him when he try's to claim his mantle, because he doesn't measure up to the fictional version of him.

I love that movie... but what in the hell does that have to do with this? Or I should ask you what you think the evidence is that Hitler died by his own hand in the bunker?

Otter

One Too Many
I have seen the eyewitness interviews with the first two people to find the corpses. IIRC it was his butler and adjutant, their stories differed slightly vis a vis the exact positioning of the corpses but nothing that you cannot explain by the thirty odd year gap between the act and filming the interviews.
If you want to go down that particular rabbit hole, who is to say that the archive in Russia now has the correct pieces of skull? It is well within the bounds of possibilities that someone switched the pieces so they could own Hitler's skull.

Reactions: DNO

Blackjack

One Too Many
I have seen the eyewitness interviews with the first two people to find the corpses. IIRC it was his butler and adjutant, their stories differed slightly vis a vis the exact positioning of the corpses but nothing that you cannot explain by the thirty odd year gap between the act and filming the interviews.
If you want to go down that particular rabbit hole, who is to say that the archive in Russia now has the correct pieces of skull? It is well within the bounds of possibilities that someone switched the pieces so they could own Hitler's skull.

And who would those two people be since the Russians "found" him wrapped in a blanket took the body out and burned it. I suppose it would have helped if they would have checked to see if it was really him which they didn't. Stalin himself always said that Hitler escaped Berlin, and since it was his people who supposedly found them I'd call that a little odd wouldn't you?

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I love that movie... but what in the hell does that have to do with this? Or I should ask you what you think the evidence is that Hitler died by his own hand in the bunker?
Please, language, lets be civil! No mater what, I can say, without reservation, on December 30, 2015 at 04:49 Greenwich Mean Time, Hitler is dead!

Reactions: DNO

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Adolph Hitler died by his own hand on April 30, 1945.

The moon landings were real.

Lee Harvey Oswald killed JFK.

9/11 was caused by Islamist suicide terrorists and not the US government and/or the Israelis.

Sometimes, folks, the "official" stories are true.

^^^^^THIS.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I will listen to historians who have spent decades delving into the archives and studying Hitler before I will believe the "History" Channel. Roger Moorehouse, a British historian who has written extensively on Hitler and the Soviets, has nothing but condemnation for this show (yes, he's watched it). The History Channel tends to get even basic facts wrong.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I love you guys. Oswald killed Kennedy, Roswell was a weather balloon, Hitler killed himself. What makes you guys think you you know these things for sure? No one knows any of these things for sure, and to positively state that other people are wrong just because your opinions, and I repeat opinions don't agree makes you sound more foolish than any conspiracy theory. The Government covers up all sorts of things ( unless you also believe they always tell us the truth) as far as the Hitler thing goes, remember it all started with declassified FBI documents that showed they were tracing his movements in South America. It's best to say I doubt it's true, or we'll see if they come up with hard evidence than stating for sure that everyone who has questions or an open mind to the fact that there ARE coverups in this world are idiots-

I don't discount the fact that the government has covered things up - that's obviously true to some extent. But believing Hitler killed himself in his bunker isn't an opinion: it's based on evidence and facts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner