Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I just bagged my first ebay hat.

The Reno Kid

A-List Customer
I have a really big head and finding hats that fit isn't easy. I don't know how old it is, but it appears to be in great shape. And I like the look.

ee5a4237.jpg

ee5a4230.jpg

Apologies to anyone here that I might have sniped, but I had to have it.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hey Kid... nice score !

... glad to see a member here got this 'un. :eusa_clap
I was right behind you in the bidding... but you 're right... you had to have it just a little more than me...lol...oh well, feds are like busses right? there is always going to be another one coming up...
I think you did very well on that...esp. considering the size, difficult to find. give it a reblock & you will have a prize... I think that this is a Stratoliner...does anyone else? [huh]

Prairie Shade

A-List Customer
Howdy Partner!!

Looks like a nice, modern Open Road!! Size is tough to find so IMHO you did well!! Always glad to have more competition on Ebay, especially when they wear a size other than my own. Still looking for that Stratoliner in 7 3/8

The Reno Kid

A-List Customer
Rick BlaineI think that this is a [I said:
Stratoliner[/I]...

I thought it looked like a Stratoliner too, but I'm certainly not expert enough to say definitively. If it is, I found a really nice box for it in one of the local antique shops yesterday. If not, it's still a nice hat.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
yeah, I was thinking Open Road too, but...

.. the lack of a bound brim made me wonder what else it might be.
Let's see some photos of it once you get it, along w/ measurements & all...

Rick

The Reno Kid

A-List Customer
I'll put up some better photos as soon as I get it. The main picture is unfortunately a bit washed out. It's kind of hard to tell for certain if it's bound or not, though if I had to guess, I'd say not.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Hey Reno Kid,

If you get the chance take a trip over to Virginia City. There are a couple of good hat shops there. One of them is called The Red Garter. They even do sone minor re-shaping there if you need it. Figure it's a short drive to see what they have. The other shop I can't seem to remember the name of. It's located just north of The Red Garter across from a leather shop. It's in the back of a tourist novelty shop. You may be able to find a couple of things there.

Cheers!

Dan

The Reno Kid

A-List Customer
DanielJones said:
If you get the chance take a trip over to Virginia City. There are a couple of good hat shops there.

Thanks Dan, I'll take a look. We tend to overlook some great stuff in our own back yards. I've been looking for a good excuse to drive up to Virginia City. I haven't been up there in several years and it's only about 25 miles.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
No problem RK. I used to live in Minden and frequent Virginia City often. There is a great burger joint just across the street and a vintage candy & sign store there as well. Mostly tourist stuff, but there is some good stuff there if you know what to look for.

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy