Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I love the Fed IV!!

amador

A-List Customer
Hello, new guy here. I have a FedIV in black, my first fedora ever and I love it. Hats Direct responded quickly and it fits very well thank you very much. Since then I have aquired several other hats and have compliments all the time. Vainity thy name is Hat.

Bob Beecher

One of the Regulars
Hello, new guy here. I have a FedIV in black, my first fedora ever and I love it. Hats Direct responded quickly and it fits very well thank you very much. Since then I have aquired several other hats and have compliments all the time. Vainity thy name is Hat.

It sure is a nice hat to start off your collection. I've got to get another one, but I can't decide on a color. The tawny fawn looks nice.

amador

A-List Customer
Soon after the FedIV I bought an "Adventurer" at David Morgan, along with two Stylemasters, Acorn and Carbon Gray, very helpful folks. I had to get out of there before I ended up with more. Seems that any fedora that is brown elicits the Indy comments, even the Acorn Stylemaster. I bashed the FedIV dry and then took it to Byrnie Utz in Seattle and they steamed and helped me bash it, great store. BTW has anybody been to the Hat Museum in Portland OR?

amador

A-List Customer
My Sailor Son visited Portland during the Rose Festival on the USS McClusky OCT 2010 and invited me on board. Being an ad hoc kind of encounter we searched for something to do in town. I had my new hat and so the Hat Museum seemed appropriate. Got in at the last minute, you do need a reservation. Wore my FedIV and carried in my Adventurer. Life size mannequin of Bogart in a Trenchcoat and Fedora pointing an automatic. No Pictures allowed tho. Best of all they rang the ships bell when I boarded!

http://www.thehatmuseum.com/home.html

Last edited:

amador

A-List Customer
Seems that Alyce, Byrnie Utz and David Morgan, Pennman folks all know about each other, and they should. I saw some Hat Museum Post cards at Utz and Alyce introduced a supurb "Indy" hat from Pennman that she keeps in a clear box as a prized possesion. Folks at Utz refer to David Morgan when talking about Akubras.

m0nk

One Too Many
Seems that Alyce, Byrnie Utz and David Morgan, Pennman folks all know about each other, and they should. I saw some Hat Museum Post cards at Utz and Alyce introduced a supurb "Indy" hat from Pennman that she keeps in a clear box as a prized possesion. Folks at Utz refer to David Morgan when talking about Akubras.
I read about Penman's hat that was added to the museum a while back. He's been getting a lot of great buzz since then, too. He had one on the show Leverage, and recently just made a reproduction of Howard Hughes' hat for the Spruce Goose exhibit.

amador

A-List Customer
6337411733_d54385ebf9_s.jpg

let's see if I have figured this out yet

Kirk H.

One Too Many
I just used warm tap water sprayed on evenly with the hand sprayer from the faucet. It’s well water so there isn’t anything in it.

I want to say thanks to B.J. Hedberg and mOnk for the advice on the spray bottle. My Fed IV in Tawny arived yesterday and I used that technique to put in a C-crown with a tight pinch. This is my second Akubra. I have the Adventurer which I had the brim trimmed down and used steam from a tea kettle to put in the pinch and dents. The spray bottle works great. I also agree with monbla256 about water. My Adventurer has been through several good down pours and loves the water. I need to get signed up with Flikr or Photobucket and get some photos posted.

Kirk H.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
I want to say thanks to B.J. Hedberg and mOnk for the advice on the spray bottle. My Fed IV in Tawny arived yesterday and I used that technique to put in a C-crown with a tight pinch. This is my second Akubra. I have the Adventurer which I had the brim trimmed down and used steam from a tea kettle to put in the pinch and dents. The spray bottle works great. I also agree with monbla256 about water. My Adventurer has been through several good down pours and loves the water. I need to get signed up with Flikr or Photobucket and get some photos posted.

Kirk H.

I've used Photbucket for several years now and find it works almost seamlessly for me. Others may say different, but every one here has opinions and this ones mine. :)

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
monbla, they changed photobucket a while back so now you can only see 4 pictures on any given page, a real pain in the patoot when looking through a large album. Is there a way you know of to see all the photos of an album (or more than four) on one page?

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
monbla, they changed photobucket a while back so now you can only see 4 pictures on any given page, a real pain in the patoot when looking through a large album. Is there a way you know of to see all the photos of an album (or more than four) on one page?
They have not changed mine. I just re-checked, and I can see up to 24 pictures on any page of any album I have. I've been a member for over 3 years now but that should not mean anything I would think. Mine is still as it was 3 years ago.

Oldsarge

One Too Many
Has anyone tried to get a Fed IV in long oval from Hats Direct? I'd really rather get one from them if possible than to go through the expense and wait of having one custom made. I want a felt fedora before the end of the felt season. Having it arrive in July or August would not do my attitude any good, at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff