Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I love the Fed IV!!

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
David Ward said:
As a real 'newbie' when it comes to hats, this thread really caught my eye as the price is certainly right for a good-looking Indy hat. My question then to the experts is how accurate is the curve of the brim to a Indiana Jones hat, and how easy is it to correct if it's not right?
I am not an expert but I do know that minor details of the hat (such as the curve) vary from scene to scene in the films. So the chances are probably that you could get the curve to suit at least one scene.

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
Ordered a Federation IV..

.. at Hatsdirect.. I just can't wait to have it on my head.. I'm a newbie when it comes to hats, but thanks to the members of this lovely and devoted hat-lounge I decided to go with Akubra.. and the price seems very rite to me..
I'll post pictures when it arrives if that's appreciated? I also need to read the tricks of the trade carefully when it comes to bashing the crown.. :eek:

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
David Ward said:
Where is the bashing tutorial - I looked in the faq and did a search but couldn't find it (is becoming blind as a bat in his old age)
I intend to do a bashing tutorial video on youtube as soon as I receive the Akubra Fed IV I am considering ordering, as I have not seen any bashing tutorials there. So if you can wait two weeks I will hopefully provide one.

Goose.

Practically Family
avedwards said:
I intend to do a bashing tutorial video on youtube as soon as I receive the Akubra Fed IV I am considering ordering, as I have not seen any bashing tutorials there. So if you can wait two weeks I will hopefully provide one.
Just don't do that video while driving. Gets some people riled up ;)...doing a bash while driving might even hit my threshold though :rage:

But I do look forward to your clip. May be real helpful to those that need it and just fun to watch for others.

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Goose. said:
Just don't do that video while driving. Gets some people riled up ;)...doing a bash while driving might even hit my threshold though :rage:

But I do look forward to your clip. May be real helpful to those that need it and just fun to watch for others.
Since I am sixteen (seventeen next week) the chances of me driving and bashing are slim. But I intend to do more than a clip but a detailed video showing progessively harder bashes, so first a centre dent, then a diamond bash and then a teardrop.

Pduck

One of the Regulars
Winsor said:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...?authkey=Gv1sRgCK6xhMvQ1KuyJg&feat=directlink

let's see if this newbie can post a pic---my Fed IV Moonstone, my shaping job.

Winsor

OK--I failed in embedding the pic but I succeeded in embedding the link.....so how do I embed the photo?
reward: I have more photos!

I always click on the little "Insert Image" icon just above the text box. Then just paste the url of where the image is posted.

Carol%27s%20Pics%20to%202.18.09%20184.jpg

CRH

Call Me a Cab
The best thing about these open crown hats is the the personal variations even given the same style of crease. I'll bet most of us could never get the same exact crease twice even if we tried all day.

Belegnole

One of the Regulars
CRH said:
The best thing about these open crown hats is the the personal variations even given the same style of crease. I'll bet most of us could never get the same exact crease twice even if we tried all day.

The variation in the hats after bashing is why I keep reading these threads. It's wonderful watching someone come up with something that is always slightly different than what has come before.

ok, that and i have a moonstone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran