Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I need a hat origin....

RyFranzese24

Familiar Face
I hail from Long Island, and two years ago I was a thrift-store-type-place called "Savers." Long story short, I found a great fedora. I alsways loved fedoras, had a few (from my Indiana Jones days) and at the time, I wasn't as much of an aficionado, and certainly today am nowhere near the level that you all are. But, I digrees. In retrospect, I bought a Borsalino, which turns out, is i pretty good cap. It is slighty tall crowned, has an inch wide ribbon, a bow about 5 inches long, and a nicely pliable brim. The ribbon is unique. It is black, but it has a greenish tint to it, which I love. I've done some research but couldn't find a match anywhere online. Inside, it says Borsalino in script, Made in Italy, etc. It also says FIRENZE in the front part of the band, and on the right side of the band it says LE IBI, possibly someone's initials. It has the traditional bow in the back of the band. On the lining inside the crowne it has a logo that says BORSALINO and underneath that it says TRIONFO, and lastly, under that logo it says Imported Exclusively by Benecraft Hats. The hat is the same one in my avatar. I don't know if this hat means anything to anyone important, but it's my favorite and means something to me. If anyone has any clues or cares at all, please let me know any information you can. You guys are the greatest. Thanks.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Enjoy the hat ! I'm sure you paid a lot less than the orginal owner. It came from one of our stores on Brooklyn . We still sell the model very well.:cool2:

RyFranzese24

Familiar Face
besdor said:
Enjoy the hat ! I'm sure you paid a lot less than the orginal owner. It came from one of our stores on Brooklyn . We still sell the model very well.:cool2:

I definitely did pay less! Wow. You have great stuff! I actually think I got mine in West Hempstead. Ive only been to that one and the one in Westbury.

But you do have fantastic stuff that other people call "junk."

I think I got it for $15. Savers has incredible prices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran