Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I need a proxy in Japan and like yesterday!

Damn $300 shipping is a lot… Is it very big/heavy? What you trying to ship? :D

Pair of leather pants. Definitely not as heavy as the price would indicate. Standard leather jacket weight of 6-8 lbs, I imagine.

Do you have any friends in Italy with a boat?

Sadly, none with a boat. Only with motorcycles and those won't do.

Count me in as a tourist who wants to get trapped there.

Monitor is the man guys, very reputable seller so someone please help him out!

To be honest, out of season, the town is beautiful. I lived there for two years or so. Once the tourists leave, it's heavenly if you aren't into heavy clubbing & overpriced food and simply enjoy peace and quiet. Seaside is beautiful, the town is beautiful and just walking down the ancient, narrow paved streets never gets old.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Damn $300 shipping is a lot… Is it very big/heavy? What you trying to ship? :D

Keep in mind that the cost of shipping varies depending on season.
In the middle of summer shipping a jacket from USA to Belgium using Fedex is around 75$.
Just around the Christmass and new year season you would be lucky to pay 150$ for the same box.
When the total quantity of parcels to be delivered increase prices do to.
If you wait a month from now prices will have gone down again.

Mich486

One Too Many
^Fair enough I’m sure there are a few variables at play (type of service, location, value of the item, etc.) but $300 is a lot for surface mail for one item of clothing.

I know for a pair of heavy boots in a generous sized box normally you are around £70/80 with FedEX/UPS using zen market.

Anyway I genuinely hope @Monitor finds a way to get them through without pay crazy import charges which are a terrible drag.

Cornelius

Practically Family
Alternately, you could send the leather trousers to one of your Italian motorcycle friends of a similiar size, & then have them ride across the Croatian border in leather pants.

(The only problem then would be having your friend return back through Italian Customs pantless, which I believe only Pasolini was ever able to accomplish.)

born113

One of the Regulars
I want to buy something from Yahoo Auctions and Buyee being confusing, I would very much prefer someone in Japan to do the purchase, accept the shipment and then ship it to me to Croatia.
There are good Russian forwarding companies in Japan.
They can buy anything that cannot be exported from Japan. And they can make any declaration and they can send anywhere.
They speak good English. And many speak Russian well in Croatia.
This is just a thought for the future.

born113

One of the Regulars
I don't need VPN. What for?
If you watch something in Japan, as in many other countries, with a local IP, then you can sometimes see other information even in the same places. You can make many discoveries, including profitable ones :)
In short, this is naturally the same as a proxy, only it is more convenient to switch between IPs. And using local IP can be useful for any surfing.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If you watch something in Japan, as in many other countries, with a local IP, then you can sometimes see other information even in the same places. You can make many discoveries, including profitable ones :)
In short, this is naturally the same as a proxy, only it is more convenient to switch between IPs. And using local IP can be useful for any surfing.

He didn't mean 'proxy' in that sense. He meant proxy in the basic sense of someone to do something on his behalf.

Japanese auction/sales listings are not generally geofenced.

Btw @Monitor enjoy this fun import horror story.

Someone I know in Europe ordered some sale items from one of America's premier "fewer better things" (aka weeb consumerism) stores. But in order to show how fancy and special and elite they are, they marked all the customs documentation with the full retail prices, not the sale prices he actually paid… so he ended up paying customs fees on twice the amount he paid for the goods…

(This after they assured him that all customs paperwork would accurately display the sale prices. When he brought this up afterwards, they didn't give a damn.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto