Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I need good hat/men's store suggestions in NYC/Philly/Baltimore

Wildblue

One of the Regulars
In a couple weeks, I'm going to be doing a business trip, just under a month-long, to central New Jersey. Up here in Alaska, men's clothing stores and ESPECIALLY hat stores are extremely limited, so while I'm there in the "Lower 48", near major metropolitan areas, I'd like to do some quality shopping. I need recommendations!

So, I'd prefer NYC or Philly, but Baltimore or others on the eastern seaboard could be possible, too. If there's a good men's store with pocket squares for example, I'll go take a look. But I'm especially interested in a good hat store, with a good selection of styles and sizes. I'd really, really like to find a good, dark grey, classic fedora, and possibly something else like an Akubra as well.

TIA.

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
Wildblue,
If you are going to be in Philly, check out our FL-friendly shop, South Street Hats. Sadly, you won't be finding Akubras there, but Oscar always has a constant inventory of high quality new old stock hats. Either Oscar has connections that find closed or closing shops for him, or he has a time machine.
On our last little Philly Hat Crawl, I found a KILLER black "Suede" Barbisio Castorino there in a plastic trash bag chock full o'hats in the back corner. Looks like a late 50's piece to me. Let's just say that Oscar will give a very fair deal to a lounger....
Will you have any free time in Philly? We may be able to toss together an impromptu gathering....

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Worth & Worth for Italian hats made for them and fine montecristi straws. Bencraft Hats for a huge catalogue of brands. Both in New York. Former in manhattan latter in brooklyn.

Wildblue

One of the Regulars
Thanks, fellas. I will most certainly check out those stores, and I'm open to more. There MUST be some good hat stores there, especially in NYC.

Yes, I might have a free night in Philly! Shall I bring my Stetson Temple along?

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
I have to second rmrdaddy's support for Oscar and South Street hats. I wish I lived closer to Philly. Actually, no I don't. I'd be debt over my head!!! lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner