Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I won me a whippet

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Ah, so you're the one that got that one. Good Job!:eusa_clap
I was looking at it but didn't bid, I wanted the one that was just after it on the listing for Whippets. Got it too. Congratulations!;)

Cheers!

Dan

indyguy

New in Town
thanks

I haven't been having much luck with winning any hats so I was suprised when I won this one,I lost out on one hat I really wanted it was a playboy vita felt.

indyguy

New in Town
well

Well I got the hat today the felt and liner is in great shape but the leather was dry and cracking And falling apart at the top so I used pecards antique leather dressing which helped that but I also noticed the sweat band was coming undone from the felt so I had sew it back on all in all I'm not sure it was worth the price.

Pilgrim

One Too Many
I'll bet the seller's ignorance in calling it wool kept others from bidding. But we, the canny insiders, know that a Whippet is NOT wool!

Nice find, great price!

indyguy said:
Well I got the hat today the felt and liner is in great shape but the leather was dry and cracking And falling apart at the top so I used pecards antique leather dressing which helped that but I also noticed the sweat band was coming undone from the felt so I had sew it back on all in all I'm not sure it was worth the price.

I certainly think it's well worth the price. And I've confident that if you ever decide you'd rather not have it, you'd easily find someone here who would gladly see to it you recouped your investment.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
I got mine today as well Indyguy, as like yours it isn't in the best of shape. The felt is supurb though and the hatband is in good shape with a few stains that need to be cleaned. The brim binding needs replaced along with the sweat band, but all in all the hat is in fine shape and I can send it to Art for a refurbish. I think that mine was well worth the investment. If I sink about another $75 to $100 into it I will still have a better hat than anything new out there, other than the customs. Give Art or the guys at Optimo a call and see what they can do for you. I think you will be very well supprised at what you come out with.

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany