Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ideas for free and inexpensive dates.

Brooksie

One Too Many
It has been made clear from a previous thread that some individuals might be interested in sharing some ideas for free or inexpensive dates. OK everybody share away! I am not the date expert by any means because I do not get asked out very often. However I think a picnic could be romantic and a lot of fun so that is my contribution to this whole thing. Looking forward to everybody elses ideas.

Brooksie

Brooksie

One Too Many
Maj.Nick Danger said:
The Art Museum. :) Free in my town, just gotta pay for parking. Everything else like lunch, drinks, whatever is optional and open for negotiations.

Too bad I don't live closer, I would take you up on this Nick...

Brooksie

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
i started making a list... but then realized that they were all super-specific to my own town!

i'll come up with some more generic ones later... but here's one for now:

NICKEL ARCADE!

panamag8or

Practically Family
Brooksie said:
It has been made clear from a previous thread that some individuals might be interested in sharing some ideas for free or inexpensive dates. OK everybody share away! I am not the date expert by any means because I do not get asked out very often. However I think a picnic could be romantic and a lot of fun so that is my contribution to this whole thing. Looking forward to everybody elses ideas.

Brooksie

Lies! That can't be true.

Feng_Li

A-List Customer
My first date with my girlfriend was going to the park with a Mad Greek Sandwich and a chessboard. We didn't have this problem, but we decided later that it pauses in the conversation could be easily absorbed by staring at the chess game.

Dutch McCoy

One of the Regulars
Dates the wife and I prefer are dollar movies, long walks around town (either downtown or in neighborhoods), putting something on the hi-fi and just having a bit of wine, going to free or very cheap museums and the park always has lots of options. You can not beat tossing the old frisbee. Those are my/our ideas.

Brooksie said:
I am not the date expert by any means because I do not get asked out very often. However I think a picnic could be romantic and a lot of fun so that is my contribution to this whole thing.
Well, that's a solid one, so don't knock yourself too much!

goldwyn girl said:
Stargazing.........
Another good one, guess maybe I better get serious about pulling my scope outta storage!

Well, this one's kinda regional, but out here in the Northwet there's always spending a day out in the mountains, except for the gas prices... (and the COLD... brrrr! *shivering*) Not free if you go to Rainier, but IIRC St. Helens wasn't too costly last time I was there and most of the state parks aren't too much, except for being "bring-yer-own-chow"...

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Maj.Nick Danger said:
The Art Museum. :) Free in my town, just gotta pay for parking. Everything else like lunch, drinks, whatever is optional and open for negotiations.

Expanding on that, First Fridays at said citys art district. Suck in culture, antiques, vintage clothing, free music, free snacks, lol, free excercise strolling the streets going to exhibits, here in Vegas its quite a radius that participates. There is quite a few number of cities across the us that participates.

Zig2k143

Practically Family
Wow I'm happy this thread is doing so well...

A walk around a winery can be inexpensive and very romantic.

A walk around a park with a lake or a waterfall maybe bring a small picnic.. Some Wine and cheese...

Rafter

Suspended
Can you have fun in New York City for under ten bucks a day? Most would say no.
There's a series on NYC's Municipal TV Station 25 called $9.99.
Every episode of $9.99 is a whirlwind tour of New York City's unique neighborhoods.
Visit parks, museums, restaurants, galleries and a whole host of interesting attractions that cost little or no money.
It's a whole adventure - and it never tops $9.99.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/nycmg/nyctv/html/shows/999.shtml
9.jpg

Zig2k143

Practically Family
I lived in NYC all my life and there are 100s of things you could do for under a 10 spot...

I'm not saying I haven't also spent $200 on dinner there also... But you can do anything in NYC. I live only two hours away and I come back often.

Rafter

Suspended
Another inexpensive summer date is going to a minor league baseball game.

The Staten Island Yankees play in one of the nicest stadiums in the New York Penn League. The ticket prices are from $8 to $10 dollars. The park offers a great view from anywhere you sit. You can clearly see Manhattan and its surroundings. The 2 parking lots are big but you must pay to get in and also foul balls may hit your car in the right parking lot(not good). I suggest parking on the streets for free.

The food is basic baseball food but they do have funnel cake that is very good. The games are only packed when they play the Brooklyn Cyclones. All other games are not sold out. If you go to the game come to section 9. That's where all the people that yell "Left-Right" when the guy on the other team strikes out sit!

ballpark.jpg

Zig2k143

Practically Family
Lol Rafter I'm from Staten Island and my father has box seats right behind Homeplate... I've spent many a day at that stadium.... Now I move up to Pa and the Yankees AAA team move to Wilkes Barre / Scranton which is like 25 minutes from me... I can't seem to shake these yankees.

Actually the Staten Island Ferry is a great way to get to the stadium and its Free Also.... Pulling into the city is very romantic esp at night. Although it was much better before the knocked down my towers.... I miss my skyline.. I used to see it every day...

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
A gentleman took me to a graveyard for a date once. It was surprisingly interesting, but I wouldn't advise anyone to do that for a first date!...your date might think you're a bit morbid.

I second the picnic idea -- always lovely! Hikes and walks can be fun and very romantic, if he/she is up to it. My old boyfriend and I used to love going to Hallmark to read bad greeting cards to each other.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerryShaw