Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If I had to pick one girl from the golden era

Wild Root

Gone Home
Well, you have more patients then me brother but, then again, I was fallowing this thread since it was a one pager.;) I shutter at the thought of going back 15 pages! :p

Post the girls of the golden age you like, no matter what we say! Just do it, see!;)

=WR=

Steve

Practically Family
Wild Root said:
Well, you have more patients then me brother but, then again, I was fallowing this thread since it was a one pager.;) I shutter at the thought of going back 15 pages! :p

Post the girls of the golden age you like, no matter what we say! Just do it, see!;)

=WR=
Heck, eye candy doesn't require patience.

I'm not familiar enough with Golden Era actresses to make an educated choice, but I always thought that Elizabeth Taylor was a knockout in her younger years.

Elizabeth_Taylor_90865c.jpg

RyFranzese24

Familiar Face
I'm with Root's post about 19 pages ago! Ingrid Bergman....oooh, man. She is goddess in Casablanca. I also love Hitchcock's ladies: Eva Marie Saint, Tippi Hedren, and Grace Kelly. They really don't make 'em like they used to...

Oh, and Pussy Galore. My God, was she hot.

Maybe Vampire...not the actual Vampira. Vampira from the movie ED WOOD played by Lisa Marie.....She may not count....

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
That's a fantastic picture of Emma Peel.

For me, in no particular order, it would be Louise Brooks, Kate Hepburn, Betty Bacall, Ingrid Bergman and Ava Gardner. Audrey Hepburn is in there, too, as is Diana Rigg.

I'm currently hunting for an assistant in an idle fashion before it becomes essential rather than damned useful to have one again; any idea how difficult it is to hire an Emma Peel?

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
WHOA!!

Found this while surfing around the US Gov'ts National Archives & Records Administration (NARA) site...

varga-girl-in-revolutionary-war-uniform.jpg

I'm... Speechless!...

magneto

Practically Family
Lena_Horne said:
I can't believe I forgot to add my favorite actress of all time, Dorothy Dandridge:

Dorothy Dandridge was gorgeous. While bringing up the unfairly-neglected actress pool, I have always liked the lovely and talented Fredi Washington (best known from Imitation of Life, one of my guilty-pleasure movies).

FrediWashington.gif

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mrs. Peel as Mrs. Bradley

Matt Deckard said:
It was never really the outer beauty with her(though she has it)... She just has that attitude... that presence. Strong willed, very much an alpha female.

If you haven't seen it before - you should see her in the Mrs. Bradley Mysteries. Set in the 20's/30's, she divorced her husband and became a detective and travels around with her chauffer George in her gorgeous old Rolls-Royce. It's somewhat like the Jim Hutton Ellery Queen series - she ocassionally turns to the audience to make a quip or comment. Some people hate that sort of thing but in this series it works, and works well. Example - All the townfolk in the small English coastal village rush to the wharf. A huge net of fish is dumped on the wharf. Out falls a strangled woman. "Well, that's a rather tragic kettle of fish!" And the theme music (a jazzy rendition of "You're the Cream in My Coffee") fires up.

And minor correction on another post in this topic - it's "Hester to win just one more 'A'" not Ester.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Yes Sir, Mr. Dodge.

Nathan Dodge said:
tierney2.jpg

Gene Tierney
Oleg Cassini, who had been intimate with many of the beauties of the era( Betty Grable, Lana Turner, Marilyn Monroe, Grace Kelly, etc....) called GT the most beautiful of them all. He even married her.

25.jpg

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
Tomasso, your taste is impeccable!

Oleg Cassini has a cameo in the great 1950 Noir, Where the Sidewalk Ends.

Gene Tierney moves me like no other screen goddess!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points