Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If I had to pick one girl from the golden era

trapped

New in Town
image.jpg

POLA

image.jpg
TALLULAH

image.jpg

LIZABETH
image.jpg

LAUREN

image.jpg

HEDY
image.jpg

BENNETT
image.jpg

LANA
image.jpg

FONTAINE

image.jpg
ELEANOR

Last edited:

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Hedy Lamarr is The Most Beautiful and Intelligent Actress , I can think of . But there was one , I can't recall her name , was actually Blonde and colored her hair dark Brown . I thought it was Hedy Lamarr , but I guess not . One More Luscious Look ...

600full-hedy-lamarr.jpg

The search continues ... . But Hedy makes modern Actresses Really look Bad .

Joe50's

Familiar Face
Not a common choice but always liked Doris day. She always carried on a warm glow even during her divorce when her husband threw her under the bus forcing her into tv. Liked her big band career a lot my Grandparents had her collaboration with les brown 78's.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
And of course miss Bergman also did well in Casablanca and murder on the orient express
image.jpg
I also remember liking Rochelle Hudson as a kid after seeing her in curly top

storyvilleswinger

New in Town
Figured this would be the most appropriate thread to make my first post.

Personally, I prefer the cigarette smoking, cocktail-drinking jazzing flapper. I've always had a crush on Zelda Fitzgerald, during the height of the flapper era.

image.jpeg

And Olive Thomas, of course.

image.png

Storyvilleswinger, welcome - glad you have joined - and kudos to giving the boozing, smoking and more (;)) flappers a much deserved shout out. I've always been a fan of their linear body line and independent vibe versus the full-figured and more traditional-role style that followed.

As to Zelda, while very smart, she was cracker-house crazy and, on net, IMHO, did more to pull F. Scott down than lift him up. Which is a shame, but he would probably have destroyed himself without her - she just expedited the, to use his term, crack-up.

EmergencyIan

Practically Family
Of course, it's extremely difficult to pick just one. However, in the last year, I've seen a number of late 30s to early 50s movies that starred Barbara Stanwyck. I find her to be very sexy.

I find myself wishing to step back in time, wanting to sweep her up and not leave the bedroom or a week.

- Ian

AntonioJoseph

New in Town
It's peculiar to imagine that before Face book every one of this hogwash just stayed in individuals' heads. Until you make the oblivious cognizant, it will coordinate your life and you will call it destiny. A debt of gratitude is in order for such a decent and excellent post.
Top Gun Charlotte Blackwood Jacket

^^^ Interesting as you chose two different types. Audrey is very coltish - all limbs, joints and spring in her movement with a hint of androgyny played up in many of her hairstyles. Ingrid is a softer, full figured women with very measured feminine movement and hair styles (mostly). Even their voices are opposites as Audrey's shoots out and bounces around a room; whereas, Ingrid draws you in with her more-whispery voice.

Wesslyn

Practically Family
^^^ Interesting as you chose two different types. Audrey is very coltish - all limbs, joints and spring in her movement with a hint of androgyny played up in many of her hairstyles. Ingrid is a softer, full figured women with very measured feminine movement and hair styles (mostly). Even their voices are opposites as Audrey's shoots out and bounces around a room; whereas, Ingrid draws you in with her more-whispery voice.
Well I've never considered myself someone who has a specific "type." Variety is the spice of life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff