Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If I had to pick one girl from the golden era

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
Sophia

And while a little late for the Golden Era, there's always Sophia Lauren...as long as the camera didn't go too close, she looked great at the Oscars this year.
sophia.jpg

LorenSophiaBoyonaDolphin900.jpg

maybelaughter

Familiar Face
as far as classic girls who've been mentioned so far, i'm a fan of Ingrid Bergman and Grace Kelly, and though she's a bit later, i love Audrey Hepburn (but then, who doesn't?)

i really like Ethel Merman!
merman_e_pic1.jpg

20560.jpg

also, a bit later, Mitzi Gaynor is just too cute for words. (the first time i saw her in 'there's no business like show business' that was my exact first thought!)
mitzi-gaynor.png

(i think i'm the only person in the world who doesn't really like marilyn...)
Gaynor.jpg

MitziGaynorB01.jpg

Annex%20-%20Gaynor,%20Mitzi%20(Les%20Girls)_02.jpg

MitziGaynorB06.jpg

as far as men go, i adore Fred Astaire and Donald O'Connor. :)
9838946_gal.jpg

miss_smith

One of the Regulars
maybelaughter said:
as far as classic girls who've been mentioned so far, i'm a fan of Ingrid Bergman and Grace Kelly, and though she's a bit later, i love Audrey Hepburn (but then, who doesn't?)

i really like Ethel Merman!
merman_e_pic1.jpg

20560.jpg

also, a bit later, Mitzi Gaynor is just too cute for words. (the first time i saw her in 'there's no business like show business' that was my exact first thought!)
mitzi-gaynor.png

(i think i'm the only person in the world who doesn't really like marilyn...)
Gaynor.jpg

MitziGaynorB01.jpg

Annex%20-%20Gaynor,%20Mitzi%20(Les%20Girls)_02.jpg

MitziGaynorB06.jpg

as far as men go, i adore Fred Astaire and Donald O'Connor. :)
9838946_gal.jpg

I always LOVED Donald O'Connor in Singing in the Rain. Although...Gene Kelly was still a bit more of a looker.

DeCorslee

New in Town
Magnifique

Laura Chase. The photo you just posted is absolutely magnifique.

Who in heavens name is that absolutely gorgeous girl ?

Calm down, calm down old boy.

Kadri

Familiar Face
It would be Mr.Astaire for me,too.
He must be to blame for my fascination with tall,extremely lean,slightly balding men ;)
I can and will watch every single movie with him in it-even the cringe-worthy Funny Face.

And his voice...sigh...

0000383040-04206L.jpg

0000383104-72494L.jpg

Also,lately I've had a major crush on
Gösta Ekman
2930883845_c7480f5f86.jpg

Now,if I were a man,there would be three gals I couldn't ignore

Greta Garbo
As_You_Desire_me-15.jpg

Marion Davies
MarionDavies0181920byACJJohn.jpg

Jean Harlow
0000169884-79954L.jpg

Honorable mentions:
Gents-Buster Keaton ,Willy Fritsch,Laurence Olivier,Harold Lloyd ,Conrad Nagel,Herbert Marshall,John Gilbert,John Barrymore,George Sanders,Leslie Howard,Claude Rains ,James Cagney,William Powell,Fredric March,Dana Andrews,Richard Barthelmess,Robert Montgomery ,Paul Henried,Basil Rathbone,Tyrone Power

Ladies-Kay Francis,Lilian Tashman,Jean Arthur,Asta Nielsen,Ruth Etting,Zarah Leander, Thelma Todd,Clara Bow,Mabel Normand,Alla Nazimova,Carole Lombard,Norma Shearer,Laura La Plante,Fay Wray,Vilma Banky,Mary Nolan,Leila Hyams,Edna Purviance

Now ask me about today's 'stars' ...:eusa_doh: -I don't have a crush on ANY of them...

tbrunke

Familiar Face
Myrna Loy and Ann Sheridan for me. Gorgeous women. They had the most beautiful faces and mannerisms. Love'em!

If I looked like Cary Grant, danced like Fred Astaire and sang like Dean Martin, I'd have it made!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran