Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If I was a rich businessman, this is what I would wear to work on my head each day of the week...

Edward

Bartender
Well, I'd start by ordering one of every Akubra I like, in every colour I like. That would be pushing a good dozen or more. Then I might reorder a whole bunch of Federations and have them fitted up with some nice brim biniding and/or coloured ribbons...

suitedcboy

One Too Many
If I were the rich businessman the first thing I would do is try to coax Eric to sell a few of his AWESOME lids. If he won't budge then maybe I could hire him as my hat purchasing agent. I also would would have a few of the hatters on here on retainer. I would also immediately acquire a large climate controlled warehouse and load it with hats and classic cars with high roofs.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
If I were the rich businessman the first thing I would do is try to coax Eric to sell a few of his AWESOME lids. If he won't budge then maybe I could hire him as my hat purchasing agent. I also would would have a few of the hatters on here on retainer. I would also immediately acquire a large climate controlled warehouse and load it with hats and classic cars with high roofs.

Thanks sir and others for the flattering comments. You would be shocked to try on one of my hats as they would be perched on top of your head like the stereotypically straight - sided hat on top of the organ grinders monkey. Being a smaller size I often can find some treasures at more reasonable prices. Being a smaller size does mean that the population of hats that existed or currently exist is much smaller.

Budging may be coming in the future....My wife has only recently spoken up as she counted hats when I was traveling. She was going to surprise me by having someone come in and add another shelf in my wardrobe for hats. When the craftsman and my wife were measuring and working the project they counted hats/boxes and detritus. She gently broached the subject suggesting we need an addition on the house if I acquire more hats. Incidentally the addition included an addition to her office, craft room and yet another bathroom (really how many of those things do you need?). I was smart and did not respond logically. Or at least my version of logic. I told her I would cut down on the number of hats. I have re-located some to our vacation house. Excellent solution I believe.

Classic cars sound like a perfect hat storage container. There is a solution for us hat aficionado.

The hats are out there, search and look.

On with the hat parade.

Best, Eric -

RJR

Thanks sir and others for the flattering comments. You would be shocked to try on one of my hats as they would be perched on top of your head like the stereotypically straight - sided hat on top of the organ grinders monkey. Being a smaller size I often can find some treasures at more reasonable prices. Being a smaller size does mean that the population of hats that existed or currently exist is much smaller.

Budging may be coming in the future....My wife has only recently spoken up as she counted hats when I was traveling. She was going to surprise me by having someone come in and add another shelf in my wardrobe for hats. When the craftsman and my wife were measuring and working the project they counted hats/boxes and detritus. She gently broached the subject suggesting we need an addition on the house if I acquire more hats. Incidentally the addition included an addition to her office, craft room and yet another bathroom (really how many of those things do you need?). I was smart and did not respond logically. Or at least my version of logic. I told her I would cut down on the number of hats. I have re-located some to our vacation house. Excellent solution I believe.

Classic cars sound like a perfect hat storage container. There is a solution for us hat aficionado.

The hats are out there, search and look.

On with the hat parade.

Best, Eric -
;)Makes sense to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner