Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you do only one thing today...READ THIS THREAD

"Skeet" McD

Practically Family
There's something quite remarkable over in the Powder Room....if you want a life-brightener, check this out. It's also a grand tribute, from a new member, to what goes on here; I guarantee this will bring a smile to your face, and perhaps a bit of a tear to the eye.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=48279

"Skeet"

[Dear Bartenders: it's probably highly irregular to use a thread to point to another thread; but many folks of the male persuasion may never visit the Powder Room. IMO, this thread is worth breaking a rule for. If you disagree: lock it up, take it down, or whatever the appropriate action is.]

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
I'm glad that I did read it.

Skeet, you were right to post this. I am really happy that the ladies of the Fedora Lounge have, in their own ways, helped this young lady feel more comfortable about her physical attributes. She appears to be one intelligent, cute sweetheart, and I wish her the best.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
That brought a smile to my face. It also reminded me how hard it is to be a teenager, and how thankful I am for those who supported me during those trying years, and those who support others during those years as well.

Atomic

One of the Regulars
I'm glad you posted this, Skeet. It definitely is a day brightener. I felt like I wanted to post something in there but didn't feel it appropriate as its a forum for the ladies.

It made me think of my younger sister who was a very awkward teenager who absolutely hated her looks and body. She was very heavy (almost 300 lbs at 5'9) and had frizzy hair and a chipped front tooth, along with other things. She was very depressed when she was younger, to the point where I thought she was going to commit suicide at times, and those kind of insecurities stick with you for a long time, if not a lifetime. However, when she started getting older, around 19, she realized that she is what she makes of herself. She began working out regularly, had her teeth fixed and began doing her hair and make up the way she wanted to do it, not what was expected of her. Now she is never going to be a little girl, but she had worked her butt off and lost over 100 lbs. Strangely, now she is okay with putting a little bit of weight back on because she knows she is what she wants to be.

Moral of the story is that young ladies have an incredibly hard time living up to what society expects of them, and its a great day when they learn to be themselves.

Here is a picture of my two beautiful sisters and I before heading out for a show. The one on the left is the sister that became a swan.

odds_and_ends_004.jpg

"Skeet" McD

Practically Family
Atomic said:
It made me think of my younger sister who was a very awkward teenager who absolutely hated her looks and body. She was very heavy (almost 300 lbs at 5'9) and had frizzy hair and a chipped front tooth, along with other things. She was very depressed when she was younger, to the point where I thought she was going to commit suicide at times, and those kind of insecurities stick with you for a long time, if not a lifetime. However, when she started getting older, around 19, she realized that she is what she makes of herself. She began working out regularly, had her teeth fixed and began doing her hair and make up the way she wanted to do it, not what was expected of her. Now she is never going to be a little girl, but she had worked her butt off and lost over 100 lbs. Strangely, now she is okay with putting a little bit of weight back on because she knows she is what she wants to be.

Moral of the story is that young ladies have an incredibly hard time living up to what society expects of them, and its a great day when they learn to be themselves.

Here is a picture of my two beautiful sisters and I before heading out for a show. The one on the left is the sister that became a swan.

odds_and_ends_004.jpg
And thank you for posting this! A lovely story, and a lovely picture.

"Skeet"

Foofoogal

Banned
Not that I am suggesting it is you Annie but as I am definitely older I have seen many, many a ugly duckling turn into a beautiful swan.

Your story reminded that of your sister Atomic.
Welcome to the FL and you all are just beautiful. :eusa_clap

I have been to a few high school reunions. It is quite hilarious to see the guys and girls no one paid 2 cents worth of attention to in high school walk in the room and suddenly there is a vacuum.
I so remember this guy that was very quiet and bland and basically nonexistent in high school.
It was the highlight of the reunion to tell the single girls at the reunion when he walked in with a suit on and looking like a million dollars and they whispered, "who is that? I don't remember him" that he was the guy everyone ignored in high school.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy