Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you had a chance to travel through a TIME MACHINE for a WEEK? where would you go?

Chas

One Too Many
"The Street" in the postwar years. Specifically, I'd get a hotel room in Manhattan near 52nd Street and hit the jazz clubs. Then I'd stay up til dawn and attend the jam sessions, get up at the crack of noon, wash, eat, rinse and repeat. I would be found in Harlem as well.

3067166286_1370433f40.jpg

Geiamama

One of the Regulars
I would go back and spend the week with my Great-Great-Grandmother as she travelled alone with four young children (including newborn twins) from all her friends and family and home in Pennsylvania to join her husband in Wales. She must have been completely fearless, not to mention an amazingly organised mother! The things I could learn from that women!

Bernie Zack

One of the Regulars
Of changing diapers?;):p I don't want to live it now much less relive it. :eusa_doh::p

I forgot about that dirty job . . . but even still, doesn't change my mind. Think about how small that issue was/is in comparison to the tremendous wonderment of it all. Nope, final answer.

Geiamama

One of the Regulars
I forgot about that dirty job . . . but even still, doesn't change my mind. Think about how small that issue was/is in comparison to the tremendous wonderment of it all. Nope, final answer.

Actually you have me swayed. i'd go back to the births and the first week of each of my three kids. It was painful and exhausting and a time when little things like dignity disappeared but it was indeed full of wonderment. The excitement of whether it would be a boy or a girl, their little crumpled red faces when they cry, trying to pick a name... Yep you have me sold!

R.G. White

One of the Regulars
Honestly, I would probably go back in time to sail on one of the grand ocean liners. Most likely my favorite ship, the S.S. Leviathan (former Vaterland of the German HAPAG Line). Or maybe the Aquitania, or Olympic. Possibley the Queen Mary, though I'm much more fond of the profound elegance of the late Edwardian era - Early Twenties.

Last edited:
Hmm... Personally, I think it would be a treat to watch the 'bing bang'.

That is an interesting question, there are theories as to the nature of time and that in a sense time begins with the big bang so you might not be able to go before it to see it initially happen. On the other side with creation theory it might be that before the creation of everything the time is not as we know it but an eternity outside of regular time or possibly that nothing existed out side of the ethereal or spiritual realm.

RichardH

One of the Regulars
I'd transport myself back to the suit up room at Cape Kennedy July 16th 1969, steal a spacesuit and somehow convince them that I was going to take Armstrong's or Aldrin's place in the CSM. I've always wanted to go to the moon.

Bluebird Marsha

A-List Customer
I'd haul my butt back to the Library of Alexandria, with a pit stop at the Villa of the Papyri at Herculaneum, bag of gold and amber in one hand, and the best portable scanner I could lay my hands on in the other.

If I was feeling really brave, I'd visit the caves at Lascaux while they were being painted- with a bag of soap and assorted pretties as gifts, and a few tech toys to overawe the locals. Either I'd be worshiped as a goddess- She Who Admires The Paintings, or killed the first chance they had as a demon.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner