Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you had a chance to travel through a TIME MACHINE for a WEEK? where would you go?

Mr. Hallack

One of the Regulars
I'd go back to Los Angeles during the 30-40's. My grandparents and my dad lived there back then and just love the architecture of the time. See neighborhoods that are gone thanks to freeways, go to some of the clubs of the day, ride the Red Cars (and Yellow Cars) just hang out. I would also go back to the 70'sand early 80's and talk to him about life growing up back then in LA, never asked him any of that when I was a kid.

One Too Many
I should want be in 2051 to can see all my girls an boy married with kids, in this way I could see this time because maybe ( I am 57 years old) in 2051, I will be buried. This thread is funny my brothers.
Cheers ¡¡¡¡

Tiller

Practically Family
I'd like to go back and shoot that SOB John Wilkes Booth, before he arrived in Ford's Theater. I think American history would have changed greatly had Lincoln survived, instead of power being turned over to the politically impotent Andrew Johnson.

Of course if the multiverse theory of time is true I'd never be able to go back to this time line, hell I'd probably of never even been born :p. So the really question is, could I stand living in 1865B? On the plus side though so long as I didn't die of dysentery, or some other disease their is a chance I could live long enough to see the centennial. Of course I could also claim a few acres of land knowing full well that their could be some valuable metals there...

Or if I was going to be selfish I could always go back in time and set myself up as some kind of pop culture genius. If nothing else I could be a directing legend. I can see it now "From the man who brought you Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, The Searchers, Citizen Kane, Casablanca, and High Noon, comes his newest hit Indiana Jones! With Gary Copper as Indiana and...." on second thought maybe it's best to leave some things alone.

Last edited:

Tiller

Practically Family
lol Yes I meant the centennial. I've read some things about the bicentennial, such as the Bicentennial Freedom Train, that I just had it in my mind when I wrote it. Thanks for the catch, I'll fix it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner