Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you knew tomorrow was your last day on earth, what would be your last movie?

geoff_icp

New in Town
I think the title is pretty self explanatory... give the name and a few reasons why. Maybe your opinion of the film will give someone else the urge to see it.

The Dame

One of the Regulars
Probably Philadelphia Story starring Katherine Hepburn, Jimmy Stewart and Cary Grant. What's not to love? Great dialog, fabulous clothes, a love triangle or two and a thought provoking stance on accepting flaws in others as well as yourself.

RIOT

Practically Family
Silly thread. If tomorrow was my last day on earth, watching a movie would be the last thing on my mind. But.. for the sake of entertainment, I would say some kind of comedy, Blazing Saddles or History of the World - Part I, maybe.

The Dame

One of the Regulars
Gentlemen and Lady: If the thread is so darn silly and you're not really going to play along and answer geoff_icp's question in the spirit in which it was posed, why bother posting at all? He's a new member in case you hadn't noticed and deserves better! :mad:

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That's easy- my all time fav The Wild Bunch. The movie shows the strong bonds and comraderie men have amongst one another. Bonds stronger than with women. We have different thing going on there. I have deep friendships with guys I haven't seem for years but if they called and needed my help they got it- no questions asked.

geoff_icp

New in Town
BeBopBaby said:
If I had one day left, I wouldn't want to waste time watching a movie!

that isn't the point!! should i pose the question as "you are on death row and CAN'T do anything better than watch a movie?" seriously, why take the question so literal????

RIOT

Practically Family
The Dame said:
No, not really, IMHO - although you listed two comedies, you didn't bother to explain why you chose them.

My apologies then. Both of those movies make me feel good, sort of makes me forget about troubles when watching them. So if it was my last day on earth, then either would be my pick.

Feraud

Bartender
geoff_icp said:
that isn't the point!! should i pose the question as "you are on death row and CAN'T do anything better than watch a movie?" seriously, why take the question so literal????
Some people see things very literally.
It is not a crime. [huh]

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
geoff_icp said:

I answered the question honestly, didn't I? :rolleyes: So the point is to answer the question dishonestly? I meant no offense, that's just how I would answer that question.

Foofoogal

Banned
"you are on death row and CAN'T do anything better than watch a movie?" seriously, why take the question so literal????

I love this place. lol Hang in there. It will get fun. I promise. Check out the OB room.

Welcome to the FL. :)
I would most definitely watch "It's A Wonderful Life." with Jimmy Stewart and think of my wonderful life I have had.

BTW:Anyone with Natalie Wood is Welcome on the FL.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
This is just what's wrong here.
We all have to be "polite" and come up with "polite" answeres to "stupid" questions.
Smalltalk, smaltalk... chat,chat,chat.....instead of coming up with some true, straight answeres.
No I do not believe there is any film I would prefere more than any others. Even if it "was my last day on earth".
Capice?;)

The Dame

One of the Regulars
Spitfire said:
This is just what's wrong here.
We all have to be "polite" and come up with "polite" answeres to "stupid" questions.
Smalltalk, smaltalk... chat,chat,chat.....instead of coming up with some true, straight answeres.
No I do not believe there is any film I would prefere more than any others. Even if it "was my last day on earth".
Capice?;)

Yes, you do, if you choose to respond. That's just the way it is. You do not HAVE to answer any question you deem STUPID. But if you choose to, then you owe it to the member who posed the question, as well as the rest of us, to be polite. Polite does not mean you can't be truthful. Polite means you frame your response so that others will continue to have something to do with you. Why not follow up your 'truthful' response with a hypothetical answer in the spirit of the question? All it takes is a little imagination.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
This is a no-brainer for me -- JUST IMAGINE!!! From 1930, it's futuristic look at 1980 and it's corniness never ceases to put me in a good mood! I also love the sets and the songs. Awesome film. It would totally take my mind off the end of the world! :)

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
The Dame said:
Yes, you do, if you choose to respond. That's just the way it is. You do not HAVE to answer any question you deem STUPID. But if you choose to, then you owe it to the member who posed the question, as well as the rest of us, to be polite. Polite does not mean you can't be truthful. Polite means you frame your response so that others will continue to have something to do with you. Why not follow up your 'truthful' response with a hypothetical answer in the spirit of the question? All it takes is a little imagination.

What do you think is best?
To be ignored or to get a truthfull answere?

Even if it goes in a completely opposit direction than you thought.
Or maybe even creates a debate:eek: :eek: :eek:

The Dame

One of the Regulars
Spitfire said:
What do you think is best?
To be ignored or to get a truthfull answere?

Don't answer if you can't answer civilly. Just because you think it's a stupid question doesn't mean you have to truthfully post that - unless, of course, you're interested in driving the member who posed the question away. Is that your goal?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda