In which WWII army should you have fought?

Discussion in 'WWII' started by MrBern, Aug 21, 2007.

1. leaette

leaette A-List Customer

ok, so i got my hubby standing here.
    his favorite tank commanders would be Hans Weiss, 102 SS, or Willy Fey, also 102 SS.

His fav tank is Tiger I, "it's ugly but packs a nasty punch."
    His tattoo is a Tiger I from Kursk complete with zimmerit.

He has a tankers uniform too. They are very sharp looking.

yes...I think we did highjack this thread. :eek:fftopic:

2. RIOT

RIOT Practically Family

:eek:fftopic:

The ever famous SS PzAbt.102

3. Atticus Finch

Atticus Finch Call Me a Cab

Hi.

My test indicated that I should have fought for Poland. Well, maybe....I'm not too sure about that.

I noticed that there was no option for The Army Of Northern Virginia.

Atticus

4. reetpleat

reetpleat Call Me a Cab

Don't forget for a second that the French have been militarily involved in much f the world for many years. the foreigh legion, I imagine, cn match any military outfit in the world, or could at one time.

The French prefer to be secretive and nondescript about their political and military intervention, hence the reputation for not being particularly wrlike.

As for me, i got Italy and Finland. I imagine it is my unwillingness to jump into a war jut because my leaders want me to.

Some questions are hard to answer. I mean, my willingness to fight beyond being invaded might depend on how the invaders treated me. And weather I save the last bullet for myself has nothing to do with bravery or shame, but with how I expect to be treated. Torture, kill myself. Prisoner of war in a decent camp I could live with.

5. KL15

KL15 One of the Regulars

True the French tend to be secretive. But they are also self-centered and arrogant. De Gaulle was convinced that no one else should order, or make any statement, to the people of France other than him. Regardless of the fact that France would be speaking German if it wasn't for the U.S.A. and the U.K. I have the blessing, or curse depending on who you ask, of being half French. I say that only to qualify my statement that the French tend to be arrogant. All of the French I've met have been.

6. Spitfire

Spitfire I'll Lock Up

KL15 - All the french????
    It's too easy to put peolpe in boxes. But please don't do it here.:rolleyes:

7. twobarbreak

twobarbreak One of the Regulars

haha, funny test... I got Finland! with that said, i think i would have broke Simo Hayha's sniper record during the winter war!!!:eusa_clap

[​IMG]

8. Smithy

Smithy I'll Lock Up

I'm sorry but what absolute nonsense. How long have you spent in France and how much of France other than Paris have you spent time in. The French are a proud bunch for sure but to label an entire population as arrogant is ridiculous and naive.

By the way there's a lot of people in the world who run around saying all Americans are arrogant as well. Be careful with stereotypes as there's usually one for your own country as well, and I am sure you would be quick to disagree with that assumption. Stereotypes are frankly small-minded and inaccurate.

9. Shaul-Ike Cohen

Shaul-Ike Cohen One Too Many

Not to spoil some people's ideas about the French, or some others' worshipping Nazi officers, but in my eyes, the herrenmensch ideology seems to be just a tad arrogant, too. Know what - maybe even more than shrugging shoulders and having a funny French intonation in speech, which only looks arrogant to people who aren't used to it.

10. HungaryTom

HungaryTom One Too Many

The answers are funny - like after WWII - all of a sudden everybody fougt with the resistance or partisans or just for the just cause - 0 quislings.

Just wonder where did they got their soldiers and volunteers on the other side?

In doubt everybody would have voted for getting highly decorated winning the war without injury - but exactly that is the opposite with war!

Which civilists would have volunteered to be raped or killed like cattle?

The real life Polish army would have been mighty lucky to have so many volunteers from the West - in real life the exact opposite happened - they just had the guarantees and 0 help - being let down by the rest of the world just kept with promises and overrun.

Just a thought

11. Spitfire

Spitfire I'll Lock Up

Just for the heck of it I tried it once more and answered all the questions like a heroic, gung-ho teenager would have done:
    Yes to killing prisoners, my officer is alway right, I would leade from the front, it aint over till its over....etc.
    Guesse what?
    I ended up in the german army.:eek:

Now you know how - if being a panzer general is your secret dream.:eusa_doh:

But I think I will stick to my first choice: The British army - make it RAF!

12. HungaryTom

HungaryTom One Too Many

Just please tell decisionmakers to let people fill in a similar quiz before they start WW3.

13. Spitfire

Spitfire I'll Lock Up

I wish they had done that before they even started the second one.
    But then they did not know, what we know today - did they?

14. LocktownDog

LocktownDog Call Me a Cab

Vive la Resistance!

Okay, I was sorta hoping for the Royal Dutch Army (particularly the air squadron) because of my ancestry. But the French Resistance is fine too. Mmmm ... wine and explosives.

Richard

15. scotrace

scotrace Head Bartender Staff Member

You scored as British and the Commonwealth. You want to serve under good generals and use good equipment in defense of the western form of life.

16. Twitch

Twitch My Mail is Forwarded Here

Well waddya know? 88% United States 81% Brit Commonwealth:D

17. Kishtu

Kishtu Practically Family

How very peculiar.

Mother Russia.

Rather concerned now....

18. DiabolicalAngel

DiabolicalAngel One of the Regulars

Good quiz...my results...

United States 100%
    British and the Commonwealth 100%
    Soviet Union 81%
    Germany 75%
    Finland 75%
    Poland 75%
    Japan 75%
    France, Free French and the Resistance 63%
    Italy 44%

Guess I would be a 'spray and pray' merchant given a rifle...hopefully a M1 Garand, belt fed with a reloading press attached to it...not that they made them ! :p

19. jake431

jake431 Practically Family

"Your army is the American army. You want your home front to support the G.I.'s in their pursuit to liberate world from more or less evil tyrants."

I came out as the United States. That's cool with me!

-Jake

20. Delthayre

Delthayre One of the Regulars

Oui sir?

I was equally suited, 81%, to either the British and Commonwealth or Free French and French Resistance.