Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Insurrection Aero stock...

Graemsay

Practically Family
Californian11_zps071766bc.jpg

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this one turns out.

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
Beck Northeaster Flying Togs 666-RS Reproduction...

In the late 1920s, Beck ordered their first motorcycle jackets from Schott Bros. in NYC. One of these jackets, the Beck Northeaster Flying Togs 666 Racing Shirt, became the iconic Beck lined racing shirt. Schott came to visit us quite some time ago, and took a good look at the vintage Becks that we had on the rack. Coincidence or not, the following season, the Schott CAF1 arrived in horsehide. However, the second version of the Schott CAF1, done in some of the best steerhide I've seen from any manufacturer in the United States, has proven to be an incredible jacket as well as an excellent example of good vintage reproduction!

The Lined 666 Racing Shirt by Beck was originally, in the mid-1950s, sold for $39.95 and touted as,

"...superior to anything now on the market...fits to perfection, very neatly trimmed and taped throughout..."

Well, sixty years has gone by and Schott is still at it... The Schott CAF1 continues the Beck tradition!

Wade11-1.jpg

Regarding our Aero Stock, we currently have all sizes of our Insurrection Aero Cafe' Racer in stock! More Aero 1930s Slimfit Half Belts are on the way, both in black and brown heavy FQHH. Aero Cafe' Racers in brown heavy FQHH are on the way as well. I want to note that all Insurrection Aero brown FQHH jackets will be constructed with OD green thread, adding depth and richness to the brown horsehide!

www.insurrectionvintage.com

Last edited:

Carrie @ Insurrection

Sponsoring Affiliate
We've had a lot of calls and I just wanted to let everyone know that the new batch of Insurrection Aero Cafe' Racers are in... They're so awesome (Ken, Holly, and the enitre Aero staff have outdone themselves!), and available in both brown and black heavy FQHH (after our pre-sales, we have eleven, three in heavy brown FQHH and eight in heavy black FQHH, up for grabs in both L and LL lengths)!

We're also taking pre-sales on our batch on 1930s Slimfit Half Belt jackets, which will ship to us this coming week. We had this batch of half belts done in heavy brown FQHH, stitched with OD green thread, and in heavy black FQHH (after pre-sales, we have twelve up for grabs...six in heavy brown FQHH and six in heavy black FQHH, all in L and LL lengths!)... As usual, these half belts should be amazing...Aero's work is truly second to none!

For those of you with custom orders from us that were due in December, your jackets will be here next week... For those of you thinking about ordering a custom Aero jacket, we've streamlined production and are currently at less than an 8 week waiting time for custom orders! I'll be traveling to the Aero factory in Scotland in April to see more of what Insurrection can offer the United States, which should be a ton of new, cool gear... Next month, we'll have our first Aero A1s in seal horsehide in stock!!! SWEET!!!

For you Vanson diehards, we have ten PLU-3s arriving in late November and we're pre-selling those! We've been out of the PLU-3 style for quite awhile, so this is an exciting batch that will be arriving just in time for the holidays!

Our Insurrection Aero Black, Heavy FQHH 1930s Slimfit Half Belt (leather-lined cuffs, throat latch, great lengths, the works!)--

1930sSlimfitHalfBeltFront21.jpg

Last edited:

Carrie @ Insurrection

Sponsoring Affiliate
Insurrection is great with stock for December Christmas sales, with good amounts of Aero Cafe' Racers, Aero 1930s Slimfit Halfbelts, and Vanson PLU-3s. Further, Ken, in order to show the United States more Aero offerings, has sent us some great items, including the Aero Stockman, Barnstormer, Long Half Belt, A-1, Hercules, and Highwayman.

For Fedora Lounge members who live here in the United States and are interested in custom orders, we still have guaranteed production spots for January delivery, but please call by the end of this week, Sunday, December 9 to secure your production slot. You can reach us at the shop number or on our business cellular.

Happy Holidays from Insurrection!

Last edited:

irow

New in Town
Hello Carrie, I sent you an email via FedoraLounge for a previous question, if you have the time can you answer it?

wdw

One Too Many
I'm not in the US, but at the risk of offending those who think you're spamming, I'd actually be interested in seeing pics of the new stock, as It's always good to see real examples.

Carrie @ Insurrection

Sponsoring Affiliate
Hello Carrie, I sent you an email via FedoraLounge for a previous question, if you have the time can you answer it?

I don't think I have enough posts to receive PMs... I apologize...

I'd actually be interested in seeing pics of the new stock, as It's always good to see real examples.

We'll be photographing the new stock today and getting it up on the website soon. Ken and Wade have been in a great deal of communication in order to see that Insurrection gets what it needs to have enough production slots to give Aero Customers in the United States both off-the-rack and custom orders in a timely and efficient manner (we want to keep United States' custom orders at less than 6 weeks wait time!).

Last edited:

saucerfiend

Practically Family
Insurrection is great with stock for December Christmas sales, with good amounts of Aero Cafe' Racers, Aero 1930s Slimfit Halfbelts, and Vanson PLU-3s. Further, Ken, in order to show the United States more Aero offerings, has sent us some great items, including the Aero Stockman, Barnstormer, Long Half Belt, A-1, Hercules, and Highwayman.

For Fedora Lounge members who live here in the United States and are interested in custom orders, we still have guaranteed production spots for January delivery, but please call by the end of this week, Sunday, December 9 to secure your production slot. You can reach us at the shop number or on our business cellular.

Happy Holidays from Insurrection!

Carrie,
What size do you have the Hercules in? Call if you want at 732 297-0697 in NJ or email at saucerfiend@msn.com

Brian

Mysteryo

One Too Many
Hi, Mojo! What about the J71 buco replica you planned to produce with Aero? THAT is THE jacket I want! Or should I ruin myself and purchase it from The Real McCoy?
Sorry I m new here, I recently got interested in Leather Jackets, and my personal collection is growing insanely... I began by Schott's PER2, then a 60's one star 618, I just bought a Langlitz Columbia, I'm planning to get an Aero J106 cordovan, and I'm waiting for my made to measures Lewis Leathers Lightning 402....but I'm definitely in love with that J71 (don't ask me why)
Please don't make me wait too long, I neeeeed informations!!!

Carrie @ Insurrection

Sponsoring Affiliate
Hi, Mojo! What about the J71 buco replica you planned to produce with Aero? THAT is THE jacket I want! Or should I ruin myself and purchase it from The Real McCoy?
Sorry I m new here, I recently got interested in Leather Jackets, and my personal collection is growing insanely... I began by Schott's PER2, then a 60's one star 618, I just bought a Langlitz Columbia, I'm planning to get an Aero J106 cordovan, and I'm waiting for my made to measures Lewis Leathers Lightning 402....but I'm definitely in love with that J71 (don't ask me why)
Please don't make me wait too long, I neeeeed informations!!!

Wade and Ken have all the details worked out and the Buco J-71 replicas, or what we're calling the Aero J107, will be on our racks by the end of January! We did choose to go with a Harris Tweed lining for our off-the-rack selection, but for custom, it's anything the customer wants!

Mysteryo

One Too Many
Carrie, thank you for those great news. I can't wait
To see what this J107 looks like! I'll be watching closely, rendezvous end of January!
Is there any other way to join you? I'm not too confident with my speaking American English at the phone. Yoy at worldonline.fr

Carrie @ Insurrection

Sponsoring Affiliate
Carrie, thank you for those great news. I can't wait
To see what this J107 looks like! I'll be watching closely, rendezvous end of January!
Is there any other way to join you? I'm not too confident with my speaking American English at the phone. Yoy at worldonline.fr

You can write to us at info@thurston-bros.com

We'll be working on the website diligently over the next few weeks. Our goal is to show how all of these jackets fit, just as John Chapman has done with his incredible A-2s! When the J107 is photographed we'll post it up, stating what size the model is wearing, as well as his height, weight, and chest size.

Our Aero Sonoma Racer was just photographed in this manner and it's our hope that our customers will have a good idea of what they're purchasing when they see photos like the photo below...we'll have closeups, back shots, profile shots, liner photos, etc., which should help customers make informed decisions!

AeroCafeRacerFront.jpg

Graemsay

Practically Family
Carrie, a suggestion for the Thurston Bros. website would be to list the measurements of the stock jackets, such as sleeve length, pit-to-pit, collar-to-hem and so forth.

Some of the denim suppliers, such as Self Edge, Blue-in-Green and Ironheart do that, and it makes it easier to compare existing garments to what you're wanting to buy.

Carrie @ Insurrection

Sponsoring Affiliate
Carrie, a suggestion for the Thurston Bros. website would be to list the measurements of the stock jackets, such as sleeve length, pit-to-pit, collar-to-hem and so forth.

Some of the denim suppliers, such as Self Edge, Blue-in-Green and Ironheart do that, and it makes it easier to compare existing garments to what you're wanting to buy.

Graemsay,

Your suggestion is good; however, only in theory. For example, take an individual who is a 21" pit to pit (a 42) in a 1960s Schott Perfecto Cafe' Racer--they'll be a 23.5" pit to pit in an Aero Sonoma Racer, a 22" pit to pit in a Vanson PLU-3 Cafe' Racer, and a 21.5" pit to pit in a Pacific Cycle Leathers Cafe' Racer. This, of course, assumes that the individual is completely height / weight proportional. This is also why we size completely off of height, weight, and chest measurements. If there are other variables that are present, we account for those variables as well. One variable that we consistently see come into play is that chrome-tanned FQHH and chrome-tanned steerhide (especially!) sizes wear shorter in the arms and the body than competition weight Vanson cowhide or, even more to the point, vintage cowhide, steerhide, and FQHH.

Regarding denim sizing, it gets tricky there too. Remember that Iron Heart and Self Edge measure jeans differently and therefore, the fit becomes quite tricky when comparing the two companies, even if they're talking about the measurement of the same exact style of jean. We believe, as does Self Edge, that the best way to get a great fit is to talk to a sales associate about the various brands that you are considering to get the best fit. Believe it or not, I'm a 31 in Iron Heart 634s, but a 34 in The Flat Head 3009. I'm grateful to the extremely knowledgeable gentleman at Self Edge Beverly Hills who got me two great fits! Each pair of jeans fit me perfect; however, when I measure them out, they measure differently because they're slightly different patterns.

There isn't an exact fool-proof measuring method that ensures a perfect fit for a particular style. We know this because we've sized so many people and they're all different fits and measurements in each different brand, whether vintage or new... Add to this that most people differ in measurements needed when they go from one style of jacket to another style of jacket, even when keeping with the same manufacturer (e.g. going from an Aero Cafe' Racer to an Aero Stockman to an Aero 1930s Slimfit Half Belt), and the situation only becomes more complicated...

Last edited:

Graemsay

Practically Family
Thanks Carrie.

I think that the best way of getting fitted is trying something on in person, particularly with leathers. And I agree with denim that it gets trickier. Particularly when you start taking into account shrinking and stretching.

However I find that being able to use measurements as a starting point is useful. Granted it won't guarantee a perfect fit (and yes, I've seen different vendors using systems), but it does tell me that I won't fit into (say) a pair of IH-666s.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Will Insurrection continue top offer the slim-fit Stuart or are you just going to sell out your existing stock (as Aero no longer offfers it)?

Jaguar66

A-List Customer
Thanks Carrie.

I think that the best way of getting fitted is trying something on in person, particularly with leathers. And I agree with denim that it gets trickier. Particularly when you start taking into account shrinking and stretching.

However I find that being able to use measurements as a starting point is useful. Granted it won't guarantee a perfect fit (and yes, I've seen different vendors using systems), but it does tell me that I won't fit into (say) a pair of IH-666s.

I agree here also. Stating measurements may not say whether a certain garment may fit well, but it can indicate when a garment will NOT fit. When looking over a site offering jackets for sale (e.g. Aero's sample/used jacket site), and knowing which styles I am interested in and that do fit me (based on my own jackets) and knowing my own measurements, I can pin down a particular jacket that I think will work for me, and can rule out ones I know won't. Perhaps there are just too many people that don't pay enough attention to their own particular size/fit data for this to be helpful, but it would help me immensely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails