Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is Iron hearts too warm in summer?

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
I really want to get a pair of IronHeart 634s but how warm are they?
Do they get uncomfortable in the summer?
I am one of those that wait as long as I possibly can before switching to shorts.
It is nice if they are warmer in the winter tho....
What are your experiences?

The tripple works are lighter but should still be well made and might be a better choice
but I feel like I´m getting an inferior product and the name dosen´t sound as cool :D

I would have gotten the FlatHeads if they weren't so damn expensive :eusa_doh:

Experiences about these 3 ??

Dav

One Too Many
I've got three pairs of Iron Heart jeans and have been trying to notice what temps they seem comfortable to wear in, my conclusion for me is
634s up to about 23/24C
9634z/634sr anything over 20C not comfy at all
Don't know if that helps much?

Aether

One of the Regulars
Nice jeans 634s, I've got a pair and wear them year round. I get hot in them cause they're quite tight on me and they're pretty thick. Then again, we don't really have summers in the UK anymore! Go for it, the cut and denim are worth a little bit of discomfort.

Aether

One of the Regulars
Forgot to add, the new IHxAero '55 cut look interesting, I might go for a pair. I think I may have 'outgrown' my 634s:(

CodeRed

One of the Regulars
I have three pairs of 634s...my favorite jean by far, but they do tend to get too hot by summer.

HighandDry

A-List Customer
The 634S are pretty toasty for the summer. Fine to 70 for me.

I have the Triple Works and I actually prefer them to the 634S. The triple works is softer and I like the cut better. The 634S is a little tight in the thigh and hip for me.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Dav: Yeah it helps. Since we usually dont get over 20 here either they might work almost all summer except those 2 weeks when its too hot to wear anything at all.

Sleepy: ok, yeah when I think about it my 14.5oz is pretty warm aswell.

Code: Alright. But you having 3 pairs shows that they get worn alot. wich is good :D

High: I had a site that showed all of the measurements, maybe I should compare them to my favourite jeans and see how it looks.

Forgot to add, the new IHxAero '55 cut look interesting, I might go for a pair. I think I may have 'outgrown' my 634s:(

Where do you see this, I cant find it on the Aero site?

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Oh yeah, are all the IH and TW jeans on the Aero site dry denim?
Some says sanforized, and some says not washed, so its a little unclear.

Dav

One Too Many
The 634s are 21oz sanforized so don't shrink, they do a 666 and a Beatle Buster in raw denim plus a 634s raw that is due out in October, but most of their denim is sanforized not sure about the TW denim. There is also a 25oz sanforized 634 arriving this month.
Why not join the IH forum they're a pretty friendly bunch who are always willing to answer questions with sound advice just like the Lounge really.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Yeah I have been there some but really don't feel like joining, because I´m just interested in 1 pair of jeans atm.
And I was gonna get them from Aero.

But even if they are sanforized, they are still dry right?

Dav

One Too Many
Not to sure what you mean by the term dry, sorry. The raw ones are unwashed unshrunk the Sanforized denim has been through that process before being made into jeans so they don't twist or shrink.
Sorry if I'm not helping much.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Dry is where you can wear them alot before the first wash to get great fadings.
The color bleed alot tho.

The fact that they are sanforized doesnt tell if they are dry or not, because as I can understand
the can sanforize the material and then dip it in indigo after, thus making them washed, but still unwashed.

Nudie jeans is also sanforized but dry.

The color of dry denim is a darker greyer blue, and when washed the first time comes to live into a more vivid, lighter blue (they are still very dark tho)
Its hard to see in pics but easy to see in real life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo