Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is it a bowler... or a homburg..? Or something else...?

Mulceber

Practically Family
Yeah, the proper name for it is a Cambridge Bowler, although they're incredibly difficult to find. At this point, your best bet if you want one would be to contact someone who specializes in custom bowlers (they do still exist, particularly in the UK) and provide them with pictures asking for what you want. I'd love to be able to wear one myself, but while I dress better than most people of my generation, I'm not THAT fancy.... -M

English_Gent

New in Town
I may be totally wrong here but is this a close approximation of the Bowker/Cambridge Bowler?

If so it appears you can get it from DelMonico, though there is no illustration on their actual site.

Unfortunately it only comes in black.

Google shopping pic from first link:
mwC76m9ZlNeguaWYaTrnuSVak2NAaDlxcMt5tSMUOi1EhzuPYfNgCiBrt3poG8y5PRQz1w569o6HHBqx2Ba1qgzO-jifXGV4wx0aqGoR3t1YQs5eV-PJ33gf_9LeYEE0r04EKL01YpNEYLghzqX_vweN1QmnZFTpbA=s180-c

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
That's the thing-- the Bailey Speer pictured in English Gent's post has corners that are too square and angular, and the link to darcy's clothing shows basically just a modern wool bowler. It's hard to find one that splits the difference.

Oldsarge

One Too Many
An interesting hat, indeed, but one must wonder where in the world you would have occasion to wear it? It certainly is out of place in 21st Century SoCal. Ah for the days when men knew how to dress!

jlee562

I'll Lock Up

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21