Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is my leather jacket too big?

Johan

New in Town
A while back I bougth my first (but definitely not last - leather seems to be addictive....) leather jacket, a black Diesel Lagnum biker jacket. My knowledge of how a leather jacket should fit was very limited back then, so I just thought it should fit like a normal jacket. I bought a large and now I'm becoming unsure if it's too big for me.

I needs some honest opinions from you guys, so I've taken some pictures of me wearing the jacket.

First unzipped:
image201307230001.jpg

image201307230008.jpg

image201307230002.jpg

And zipped:
image201307230009.jpg

image201307230015.jpg

image201307230010.jpg

image201307230006.jpg

So what do you guys think? Is it too big?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards
Johan

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
Without a side by side comparison to the next size smaller it's hard to tell for sure, but it looks like a good fit to me. The shoulders and sleeves seem right, as does the torso when zipped. Room to move around but not baggy. Looks to be about as close as you can hope for in an OTR jacket.

Johan

New in Town
Thanks for your replies everyone. I was mostly worried about it being too long in the body, but that's maybe just how this model is supposed to fit? In most pictures leather jackets seem to be a bit shorter than mine...
Unfortunately I did'nt try a smaller size in the store so I don't really know if a medium would have been better.

Thanks again, for the reassuring answers.

Edward

Bartender
Looks like a good fit to me. It's clearly a boxier cut by design than a jacket like, say, the Aero Cafe Racer, but cut is a distinct thing from size.

Stand By

One Too Many
Nope. You seem to have a long, slender frame - and the jacket emulates your build IMO. It fits you great.
Wear it with confidence. :)

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The length in the body looks like the design of the jacket. Otherwise it looks fine. A smaller size MAY have fit better but this doesn't scream "too big" at all.

Johan

New in Town
Stand By: Thank you and I am indeed tall and slender.
Proteinnerd: Thank you that's reassuring.

I will keep it and wear as much as possible now knowing that people won't think that I borrowed my fathers jacket.:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou