Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is this is REAL Aero B-3?

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Im no expert, but it looks well made, and the lining resembles the one Aero uses to my amateur eyes.
It looks old tho as you say, but it seems to be well made and in good overall condition.
I think it looks like an Aero.

Its also my size :D

MissMittens

One Too Many
It's an early pre-1942 style B-3. The color combo is right for the design, but its a repro.If it wasn't a repro, $900 would be more the price, not $199. Plus, the auction listing says "reproduction" :p

holdemchamp1225

One of the Regulars

MissMittens

One Too Many

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It appears to be an early Aero repro. It is not an accurate repro of a B3 as it has the 1942-3 style 3 piece back, yet has the pre-1942 triangular size panels rather than the larger rectangular ones found on later jackets.

xt40

Familiar Face
looks to be a nice jacket and well worth £200 but unless it is a very early one, im not sure if its an aero scotland jacket. In comparison to my aero b3,
the buckles are wrong/different
the collar belt loops are wider
its got a leather hanger / iirc mine has none
it has triangular side pieces versus - straight on mine
its got much larger turnups on the cuffs.
the pocket is larger.
i gues that as AERO was a large original maker, its likely that other less known manufacturers have copied their label and have as much right to use it as aero scotland

Minnesota Marco

New in Town
As mentioned above, it is definitely a repro. I own a repro that was made for Willis & Geiger, a company that is kaput (Lands End bought the brand and shut it down maybe 10 years ago.

As for the jacket, it is exceedingly warm. Two days ago it was minus-10 (F) at midday when I had to walk my St. Bernard. I wore a simple T-shirt under the jacket, turned up the thick sheepskin collar and fastened the two straps around the neck and I was toasty. That day the wind was gusty down the stretch of the Mississippi River while I took the dog across the bridge. The B-3 did its job, but my face was as cold as it has ever been in my life. The sizing of my B-3, a 42, is quite true in my case. But I will say that I have trouble fastening the collar straps due to the bulkiness of the sheepskin in the arms (my biceps wanted to cramp up with the leather/sheepskin bunching at the crook of my arm). I used to wear this every time I went ice fishing. Hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy