Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"It Pays To Buy at Brooks Brothers"

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
This just came via email.
I'd buy this suit. Yes.

10242008_item_1023nyt_d_01.jpg

mike

Call Me a Cab
is that a three button rolled to the second, but only buttoned at the third...?

anyway, are they implying they're rolling out these classic, older models? Or just reminding us our (economic) world is shambles? :p

Feraud

Bartender
It looks like a three button, done up on the bottom button. It would be nice to purchase something like this.

I think this falls into the discussion some members were recently having. The recession, style, "depression chic", and here we have the sales pitch based on "tradition" and "security"...or maybe I am too cynical. :)

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
mike said:
is that a three button rolled to the second, but only buttoned at the third...?
Yep.......

mike said:
anyway, are they implying they're rolling out these classic, older models? Or just reminding us our (economic) world is shambles? :p
I wouldn't know the intent but the latter is the effect.

That said, most of the copy is spot on in reference to long term value purchases .

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
When my dad got out of the service in 1946, he bought two suits at Brooks Brothers. One was a grey tweed, and I believe cost $60, and another was brown and cost $45, according to my mother. Boy do I wish I had them.

Jerekson

One Too Many
When I walk into Brooks Brothers and do not immediately run out of the store screaming about a $600 sweater vest, then I'll consider whether it pays to buy from them or not.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Jerekson said:
When I walk into Brooks Brothers and do not immediately run out of the store screaming about a $600 sweater vest, then I'll consider whether it pays to buy from them or not.
Just don't look at the Black Fleece and you'll be fine.;)

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It pays to "Buy" eh? What are they implying? Do they actually want us to steal? Those quotation marks are leading me to believe they don't want us to buy at all!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails