Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

It's about time for a vest thread

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
It's fair to say I'm a RRL fanboy. The stuff is heavily overpriced but I just love the style.

First up are two basic waistcoats. I wear them a lot when going to the office, paired with a pair of raw denim jeans and a dress shirt.

IMG_2851.jpeg
IMG_2853.jpeg
IMG_2854.jpeg
IMG_2856.jpeg

The next one is quite a statement piece. Limited edition, hand painted native American style waistcoat.

IMG_2846.jpeg
IMG_2847.jpeg
IMG_2848.jpeg
IMG_2849.jpeg
IMG_2850.jpeg

Khilij

One of the Regulars
It's fair to say I'm a RRL fanboy. The stuff is heavily overpriced but I just love the style.

First up are two basic waistcoats. I wear them a lot when going to the office, paired with a pair of raw denim jeans and a dress shirt.

View attachment 573032 View attachment 573033 View attachment 573034 View attachment 573035

The next one is quite a statement piece. Limited edition, hand painted native American style waistcoat.

View attachment 573036 View attachment 573037 View attachment 573038 View attachment 573039 View attachment 573040
I really like the striping on the first waistcoat. It's not in your face, but it does a lot to add visual interest IMO. Of course, the Native American piece is a stunner for sure!

This one is pretty cool, is it custom? How can I get my hands on something like this?

Thanks. Yes, custom. The X150 (black) and octagon leather no longer are available. Plenty of similar options.

You can call Vanson but I noticed you are in SF. I’d walk into JL (Johnson Leathers) with this picture, or whatever you want, and work it out with them. Vanson definitely can do it too and they are great. Pricing should be similar.

Tunaygur

New in Town
Thanks. Yes, custom. The X150 (black) and octagon leather no longer are available. Plenty of similar options.

You can call Vanson but I noticed you are in SF. I’d walk into JL (Johnson Leathers) with this picture, or whatever you want, and work it out with them. Vanson definitely can do it too and they are great. Pricing should be similar.
Thank you, yes I’m already becoming a regular at JL. I’ll ask them next time. I’m thinking it would be great to have this vest in redwood bainbridge and teacore shinki. Or maybe I’m asking too much :)

Thank you, yes I’m already becoming a regular at JL. I’ll ask them next time. I’m thinking it would be great to have this vest in redwood bainbridge and teacore shinki. Or maybe I’m asking too much :)

Never too much. Never. That sounds cool.

I did explore a Shinki Vanson jacket (J-82) years ago. I almost went with a cool gray. Shoulda done it as I doubt it is possible now. Good old Constantine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner