Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J. Peterman Victoria Falls Jacket

Nick Charles

Practically Family
Well I like mine even if it isn't exactly the same. All cotton, perfect length and sleeves. There is even a hidden piece of elastic to keep the action back looking nice and help it close correctly.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
scotrace said:
You've had that jacket for several hours now! Where are the pictures? The review??

:p
Well, ironically enough, you were right all along; it was waiting for me at home. ;)

I must say, I rather like it. The fit is perfect. For this I am grateful. I do have an expansive reach. The cut is nice as well. It reminds me of something out of the first "Mummy" movie (of the late 90s), which I realize is a dubious distinction, but I rather like the clothes from that popcorn piece of fluff!

I also like the lining. it is very similar to the lining in my Ralph Lauren suits, which always reminded me of something old fashioned and fine. The copious, and well-placed, pockets are welcome to a pocket-stuffer such as me.

The jacket scores high marks with its belted back and well-placed pockets.

Now, my one complaint, and it is substantial; the material is not to my taste; cotton mixed with spandex is not my cup of tea. Now, it's only an issue if you focus on it; pull on it and stretch it and the like -it does give a little. I also realize that it has a positive effect on comfort and movement and should not effect breathability, though I cannot test this in 50 degree weather. While wearing it, I am self-deluded that it is a crisp cotton.

Allow me my delusions and I will continue to enjoy this fine jacket.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Thank You Sir.

I shall show Mummy the fine goodness of this garment, based on your review...

Does it still make you wish for the linen safari?

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
scotrace said:
I shall show Mummy the fine goodness of this garment, based on your review...

Does it still make you wish for the linen safari?
It makes me wish that the Victoria Falls was linen!

I like the cut of this jacket. If I were to get a safari jacket, I'd want bush poplin. I would certainly want something tougher than linen. A safari jacket has less applications than this jacket, which makes for a smart casual jacket. ;)

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Hemingway Jones said:
It makes me wish that the Victoria Falls was linen!

I like the cut of this jacket. If I were to get a safari jacket, I'd want bush poplin. I would certainly want something tougher than linen. A safari jacket has less applications than this jacket, which makes for a smart casual jacket. ;)

I'm not seeing any photos, Old Sport...

How's the sleeve length?

What are you planning to wear with this? An ascot would look pretty good. Can anybody pull that off these days, though? If anybody could, you could.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Mojave Jack said:
I'm not seeing any photos, Old Sport...

How's the sleeve length?

What are you planning to wear with this? An ascot would look pretty good. Can anybody pull that off these days, though? If anybody could, you could.
Thanks, Dear Jack.
Yes, I haven't posted photos. I'll probably take some tomorrow, since I will be wearing it to work for casual Friday. I'm sure it will look pretty much like the fellow at the beginning of the thread. ;)

The sleeve length, you'll be happy to know, is spot on. They are not short at all. As I recall, we are similarly sized.

An ascot! Indeed! I think of the older Cary Grant; certainly a fine look.

I may go in that direction, but I will start out with a contrasting linen shirt, some dark brown slacks and boots, I would imagine. We'll see tomorrow.

IndianaGuybrush

One of the Regulars
Whoops, yeah thats the one... serves me right for being away for so long and then trying to jump right back in without platying catch-up[huh]

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Mojave Jack said:
I love that jacket! And you went with the ascot. Good show!

Judging by Baggers review of the linen safari, it looks like you made the right choice.
Thanks, Jack!
I think I chose wisely!
Yes, the ascot was your idea. It's true. I was in a Ralph Lauren outlet in Kittery Maine this morning and I picked one up for $30. Thanks for the suggestion.

Flitcraft

One Too Many
Wow! Jacket looks great!
The ascot really pulls the whole outfit together- think Clark Gable in "Mogambo"!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner