Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacket design: vintage or modern?

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I really like the design of this leather -canvas Thedi jacket. I love how the chest pocket and handwarmer pockets work together.
A18FA948-48CF-4DF6-9C47-E6D92EF1F1CE.jpeg

I was always under the impression that this was an original Thedi design.

Of course there were vintage jackets with slanted pockets...
2E1759CC-CF88-411E-878E-9E54F127134E.jpeg

5EC1781B-3A16-4AA9-8805-B3EBF8CA6EB2.jpeg

But I haven't seen a vintage jacket with a chest pocket design like Thedi's.

Yesterday I came across this denim RRL jacket which has the exact same pocket design as the Thedi. Which made me wonder, has Ralph Lauren actually copied Thedi's design or are both jackets based on a vintage design I don't yet know of?
56D88884-2D5B-4FA4-BD7E-1E27A96016E4.jpeg
20568E2D-1CDC-4505-B0E8-6EB6FB06F5BD.jpeg

Yesterday I came across this denim RRL jacket which has the exact same pocket design as the Thedi. Which made me wonder, has Ralph Lauren actually copied Thedi's design or are both jackets based on a vintage design I don't yet know of? View attachment 281006 View attachment 281007

Nope.

For this jacket, both RRL and Thedi copied, or rather more-or-less directly reproduced a Lee L-191 (or L-91) choir jacket. It's an existing model, Lee has recently released it again in limited numbers. Beautiful denim jacket, IMO.

I don't think a leather version ever existed so Thedi is unique in this regard.

1.jpg

1-1.jpg

133204550.jpg

1-2.jpg

1.jpg

1.jpg

You can find more photos here:
http://www.e-workers.net/items/items.htm

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
This is promising, hope to see what you end up going with this design. What would the back design look like? The leather/canvas combination is interesting and expensive.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
This is promising, hope to see what you end up going with this design. What would the back design look like? The leather/canvas combination is interesting and expensive.
I actually like this Thedi so much that I decided to buy one. If all goes well it should be delivered today.

The FL project will be based on the Windward, which has a somewhat odd but interesting pocket design, as the handwarmer pockets are 'cut off' by the side panels.
Windward.jpg

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
I actually like this Thedi so much that I decided to buy one. If all goes well it should be delivered today.

The FL project will be based on the Windward, which has a somewhat odd but interesting pocket design, as the handwarmer pockets are 'cut off' by the side panels.
View attachment 281199

Man, you pick the best stuff. Would love to see that new Thedi you got! I'll try to get one from Theodoros next year.

Oh yeah, that FL project will be one to watch out for! Is he getting the badalassi for you? If it turns out well, I'll copy yours again hahaha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot