Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacket Styles in "The Untouchables"

FinalVestige79

Practically Family
Kevin Costners Belted Leather Jacket
jacketfront.jpg

The Different styles of jacket and overcoat
jacketleatherglove.jpg

I like the sweater in this scene.
Greysweater.jpg

Leather Jacket with Details
Jacketside.jpg

Stones Leather Jacket[/FONT
StonesJacket.jpg

Malone's Corduroy? Hunting Jacket
jacketleft.jpg

Outfit.jpg

Splitcoil

One of the Regulars
Connery's cap

Looks like an eight-panel or newsboy/newsie cap. If you scroll through the hats forum you'll see several threads about them lately with lots of options for buying them. I recently picked up a newsboy from The Hat People and it's amazing for the price.

FinalVestige79

Practically Family
Yeah the historical in accuracies are very very hoaky. I took dozens of sceen shots with examples of the clothing, I realy like Stones leather jacket with the 2 breast pockets. And rather sadly, I missed out on a sweater that is the same shade and pattern as the one Sean Connery is wearing.

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
The historical inaccuracies extend themeselves onto the costumes as well. Other than most of the hats having preshaped rather than hand-shaped creases, the costumes are probably period. However, in another thread (starting off being a discussion about Ness's hat) it was suggested that treasury agents would not have the income to be able to afford such nice clothes.

Feraud

Bartender
Pre creased hats appear available through most decades of the 20th century.

Browse through the stickies in the Suits room. There are catalogs available from the 30s and 40s that show examples. See also the various hat advertising posts in the Hat room for more examples.

Not to go off topic but... were any hats ads advertising open crowned hats? Aside from cowboy "ten gallon" style hats.

Feraud

Bartender
I believe that is correct. Law enforcement had neither the money nor the inclination/approval from superiors to dress in what would be described as "looking like a gangster".

Feraud

Bartender
No. Wearing what appeared to be expensive suits were. This assumption depends on where you lived, what you looked like, what people knew of how you make a living, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn