Jackets like sheene

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Caber, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Caber

Caber New in Town

I’m interested in getting a Aero sheene or a jacket similar. Are there any other brands that make a jacket like the sheene that are just as good a quality or better ?

2. Bfd70

Bfd70 One Too Many

Aero via Thurston makes the Seven. Which is better for you Sheene V Seven depends largely on body type.

3. Caber

Caber New in Town

I was thinking Johnson leather, free wheelers, lost worlds etc made a jacket similar?

4. MrProper

MrProper One of the Regulars

5. Bfd70

Bfd70 One Too Many

You’re hitting 3 different price points there, a bit of a spectrum on materials, and I don’t think two of these make a jacket particularly like the Sheene. Perhaps you could be more specific in what you are looking for.

6. Mich486

Mich486 One Too Many

If you mean a collared jacket with a plain back and centre zip then pretty much every maker has one. Price point will be the leading indicator as to which maker you could consider.

Benny Holiday likes this.
  7. Caber

Caber New in Town

Price isn’t a factor here for me. I remember seeing some jackets like the sheene made by some of the other custom jacket makers that are popular on here. The 3 companies I listed were examples of the type of manufacturers I was thinking of. I wasn’t actually sure if the ones I listed actually made a jacket like the sheene. I’m just wanting to know who else makes a jacket that looks and fits similar to a sheene and is as good of quality or better than a aero

8. Caber

Caber New in Town

9. Monitor

Monitor

It's a... Uh... Pretty classic leather jacket, there ought to be plenty around. I don't see the Sheene even being a style of any particular kind.

Schott, Fine Creek, Vanson, etc. all make this style of jacket.

[​IMG]

10. Carlos840

Carlos840 My Mail is Forwarded Here

Alexander Leathers, now Simmons Bilt made me an almost Sheen a few years ago, basically the regular Cafe Racer with a HWM collar.
    I am sure they would still do it, with or without action back.
    It's basically identical to the Aero, but cheaper and you have different choices of leather than what Aero offers.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Bfd70

Bfd70 One Too Many

Not to be a jerk but your simply painting with waaaay too broad a brush to get any real help. For example Johnson leathers and Freewheelers are in no quantifiable way similar operations. Jacket like the Sheene? Center zipper, collar... anything more?

12. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 Call Me a Cab

If price is not an issue, why not just hit up Carrie and order a Sheene?

13. I agree with AeroFan...Just get a Sheene..know what I mean..??

sweetfights likes this.
  14. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

Actually I think this narrows things down quite nicely. Since the Sheene is simply a cafe racer with a dress collar that tells us that the OP is looking for something with a V shape and a trim fit. I agree that almost everyone we talk about here, from Aero to Vanson, makes something along these lines. My LW Ryder comes pretty close, but I think the sleeves are quite a bit wider than they need to be and therefore I would not suggest this jacket as a substitute for the Sheene.
    That’s probably the best advice thus far. Especially because this is one of those jackets where I think the fit jacket process would really benefit you, get it trim but not too trim.

sweetfights and HoosierDaddy like this.
  15. Caber

Caber New in Town

More than likely I will get an Aero Sheene. The only reason I'm wanting to see if anyone else makes a jacket that is similar
    ( Basically the Same jacket as a sheene but with a different name and maybe a few differences that the maker adds to make it their own) is because all my jackets are Aero's and I just wanted to give another company a shot. Maybe See how they compare in make and quality.

16. Caber

Caber New in Town

Exactly !! I basically want to know if anyone else makes a sheene jacket but has a different name for it. Also wanting to know which jacket maker makes the best quality jacket.

17. stmike

stmike One of the Regulars

I spoke with Hercules Leather about making me their cafe racer with a shirt collar, along with another mod or two. He seemed amenable, but reserved judgement until they reopen in August.

18. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck Call Me a Cab

As others have said, this is such a broad statement that most leather jacket makers offer similar styles.

The Flat Head, Iron Heart, Freewheelers, SB, Fine Creek, Lost World all make something similar and these are just off the very top of my head without any effort. I'm sure there are so many more.

Monitor likes this.
  19. Downunder G Man

Downunder G Man Practically Family

Vanson also have offerings of this jacket "type" and they are good quality. As mentioned same from Schott.

Certainly well worth a look. I have versions from both makers.
    "Shirt collared" centre zip jackets are my go to style personally.
    I also have 3 variations on the Eastman Luftwaffe
    ( now called the "Ostmann")

I have a Simmons Bilt Nebraska in black goat , again "of the same style". This is rapidly becoming one of my favourites. Both of the attached photos are of my actual jacket.

Simmons Bilt 1.jpg

Simmons Bilt Nebraska coast 1.jpg

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  20. Caber

Caber New in Town

OK so here is the question that may get me into trouble. Since most companies have or can make a jacket similar to the Sheene, and if money is no option, who makes the best quality jacket other than aero? I know all of the jacket makers that are talked about on TFL are top of the line and I could never go wrong with any of them but out of the top makers who is at the pinnacle?