Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jeans

Riley Dee

One of the Regulars
Gap jeans

Great call Jovan, I bought those exact jeans about a week ago at the Gap for $19.00. I intially balked at mall jeans but they really do look great (imho) and the denim color with the blue selvege is pretty fantastic when rolled up at the bottom. I recently wore them with a pair of vintage harness motorcycle boots and a "newsie" cap and they looked period to me. I second what Jovan says about them they are a good value if you can still find them.

Riley Dee

One of the Regulars
Gap jeans

I found them at the Quail Springs Mall location here in Oklahoma City. When I bought them (about a week or so ago) they still had a fair amount of them in stock.

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
I'm not a jeans guy, but I've thought a little about getting a pair if I can find a reasonably vintage-looking pair for cheap. A few blocks away from me here in downtown Fort Worth is the Dickies factory outlet - perhaps I should take a visit.

Jovan

Suspended
Someone said in another thread that Dickies are still fairly high rise. I don't think they have selvage seams or rigid denim. Magnoli makes 1920s style jeans -- with the cinch back, outer brace buttons and all. I do think they're a bit pricey for non-selvage though.

Riley Dee

One of the Regulars
$19.00 + Tax

I paid $21.66 on 6/28/2007. Even at $19 plus tax they are good looking and a bargain. Seeing them paired with classic vans looks pretty cool by the way.

Jovan

Suspended
whatwhat.jpg

Stitching on the back pockets.

MudInYerEye said:
Disturbing.

Very.

Yes, low waistedness apparent.

here's the levis repop '44 S506XX jacket i'm selling.

Baron Kurtz said:
Well, time to bite another bullet and just live with the fact that this is too big for me. I bought this jacket in the late 1990s (just possibly 2000, or 2001), and clearly it's not available any more since they make 'em in limited numbers. This is a great repro of the 1944 S506XX jacket in size 36 - though it seems to have some features from the '41 model, and some from the '44 model. See here for details: http://www.vintagemotorcyclejackets.com/index-denim.htm.

Front. Single pocket and double pleats on each side of the opening.

506XX-1.jpg

Adjustable buckle back.

506XX-2.jpg

Side, displaying just how much this is too big for me. Look at the bunching in the back. Not elegant at all . . .

506XX-3.jpg

506XX-4.jpg

Wheat-sheaf buttons. The back of the buttons are stamped 555.

506XX-5.jpg

506XX-6.jpg

Tag showing red line selvage denim.

506XX-7.jpg

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Here are the Levis I wore to work today.
I just hung them on the floor, as usual.
My trusty 702xx, Japanese made around 10 years ago.

DSCN3714.jpg

DSCN3715.jpg

DSCN3713.jpg

EDWIN jeans with about 8 years use.
Still more left in them.

DSCN3720.jpg

DSCN3721.jpg

The 1920s 201s.
These are a favourite pair, so I don't wear them so often.
They deserve to be saved.
The fit of these is different from all others.
The hip is mush wider than the waist, so the legs, at the thigh,
are quite wide.

DSCN3722.jpg

DSCN3723.jpg

DSCN3724.jpg

DSCN3725.jpg

Reached my 10-image limit.
See next-

Riley Dee

One of the Regulars
Gap Denim

Here are pics. of the Gap selvedge I bought for $19.00

selvedge3.jpg

selvedge2.jpg

selvedge5.jpg

They are not terrible low rise on me, however I am fairly short so very little is low rise on me.

BTW... Bellytank those Levis are stunning!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters