Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jeans

Jovan

Suspended
BellyTank said:
Those appear to be way low waisted.

Try H&M.

B
T
As I said, wasn't going to pass up $15 for selvage denim. H&M isn't anywhere near here, either, and if they offer selvage denim I sure haven't heard about it. I'm sorry the rise is "disturbing" to you guys, but frankly I like them just fine. They aren't nearly as low as a lot of jeans.

Great pics, guys.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Selvedge denim..

Another thing.
"Selvedge denim" is not just a pair of jeans with the cloth's selvedge
included in the jeans' outseam.
The term really describes the denim, the quality of the vintage stuff.

BUT buying a cheap, low quality pair of jeans with selvedge in the outseam
will allow the "sporting of selvedge", vintage style but the joy of selvedge denim is not there.
After the first wash, you will see.

I have several pairs of cheap-shop "jeans with selvedge"- they looked good on the rack and I should never have washed them.

You'll see but you might not be able to see.

B
T

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yeah Jovan, stop advocating gangsterism. :rolleyes:
We constantly talk about how we wish people would dress better. Then, a good, cheap, mainstream substitute comes around and we kvetch. This happens SO OFTEN on the FL.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Baron Kurtz said:
The issue, as i've come to see it, is that to show the stitching on the back pocket one does not need to A) show the ass in the jeans and B) does not need to be topless.

This thread is about denim, not skin . . .

bk

As skin goes, that really couldn't be a less sexualized picture. What are you, secretly attracted to Jovan and now that you've seen his skin you're all distracted from the jeans? lol

Jovan

Suspended
BellyTank said:
And unfortunately, it seems to evoke the trouser dragging, underpants showing, arse crack thing we all seem to disapprove of.

B
T
They may sit below the waist but they certainly don't sag below the crotch in any way. I suppose you'd have to see me in real life. [huh]

Bella: Thanks for the support.

BuddyJ

One of the Regulars
Riley Dee said:
I found them at the Quail Springs Mall location here in Oklahoma City. When I bought them (about a week or so ago) they still had a fair amount of them in stock.

Then off to Quail Springs I go! Thanks for the heads up. Good to see another OKC person here.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
More-

1944 Lee- plenty of wear.
DSCN3733.jpg

H&M cheap selvedge jeans-Yellow selvedge.
DSCN3734.jpg

More H&M cheap selvedge jeans-Blue selvedge.
DSCN3735.jpg

WW2 USN Dungarees.
DSCN3739.jpg

Buzz Rickson Chambray.
DSCN3743.jpg

The '20s 201s again.
These are among the most vintage-y in fit and waist height.
DSCN3749.jpg

...and again.
DSCN3783.jpg

...and again.
DSCN3799.jpg

Wrangler Cowboy.
Not an exotic vintage repro but when they show some wear(not yet), the "broken twill" denim has nice contrast.
DSCN3773.jpg

Selvedge.
DSCN3786.jpg

Tank.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters