Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jeans

pablocham

One of the Regulars
I second the Wranglers. In USA at least, they are readily available for under thirty dollars. There are also the BlueBell Wrangler 11mw and 11mwz repros available in europe. Levi's Vintage Classic line, usually called LVC, make repros of their 1947, 1955, 1933, and maybe a few other models depending on the season. There is also a line of Lee repros that should be available Europe, but that I really don't know much about. Aero Leather Clothing has many of these items, but I am sure that you can get a better price somewhere else. Finally, there are about ten Japanese companies that make reproductions of old American jeans and other workwear, of which the most readily available is Sugar Cane jeans.

Salv

One Too Many
Lee Europe have reissued the 50s style 101Z and 101B (Zip or Button fly - the button fly is slightly looser I think) and they normally cost around £60 in England - they do not have a particularly high waist though. Lee Japan have reissued several different styles of 101 including the 1937 horsehide patch cinch-back but they are more than double the price of the Lee Europe jeans - fantastic jeans though.

LVC jeans start at about £100 in England and as pablocham says they have several different styles. My personal favourites are the 1933 cinch-back with the NRA tag. Nice wide leg and very stiff if you buy them unwashed. They also sometimes have the original 1873 single back pocket, cinch-back, suspender button 501s, but they cost about £180. I was lucky enough to come across a pair in my size in the Regent Street Levi Store for £40 in their sale one year :D

I have a very cheap pair of Dickies carpenters jeans that have a surprisingly high waist, made from quite thin but very dark denim and with a decently wide straight leg. I got them in Florida a couple of years ago for $15 but you should be able to find Dickies jeans fairly easily this side of the Atlantic.

Aero, again as pablocahm says, have a good selection of Lee, Levi and Wrangler, but shop around. I'm sure BellyTank can point you to any good sources in Copenhagen...

Salv

One Too Many
I've just remembered - http://www.vintagedenim.de/ are a bit closer to Copenhagen, and also The Hepcat Store in Sweden. Hepcat have these very nice Evil Denim jeans
Evil.jpg

Speedster

Practically Family
Welcome to the lounge thomasbonilsson. Pr??v STORM i Store Regnegade. Du kan k??be/bestille Levi's deadstock vintage repros. Jeg k??bte et par 1947 501XX for to ?•r siden. De koster omkring DKK 1200.-

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
K??benhavnere

Hej Thomas!
Welcome.

What size are you?

Plenty of repro vintage denim in Stockholm- Levis/Lee/Wrangler.

Any of the 1920s/30s model Levis Vintage range are good and(as well as the 1890 and 'First Ever' Levis, as Speedster mentioned), well... vintage looking. If you're looking to pay less than for Levis, etc., then the offerings are not so good- but out there anyway. Check out the styles that Salv posted.

Levis vintage's range of styles/model-year repros changes seasonally.

Ebay is a good source for the Levi and Lee vintage repros- there are some sellers in France and Italy- worth a look.

Ny favourite 'vintage' jeans are "Edwin"- (Edwin also make some very average and 'fashion' jeans.)they're (were, at least)around half the cost of the LVC and really good and made in Japan, like all good denim is.

I have bought them in London a few times but there is this shop in KBH-

Hardware
Pilestr?¶de 19
1112 Kbh. K

..which sells Edwin but I don't know if they have the vintage styles.

...and this place has LVC but I don't know what.

WoodWood
Krystalgade 4
1172 Kbh. K
Tlf. 3393 6264
www.woodwood.dk

If you're looking for Edwin, make sure you get the 505x or Vintage Nashville.
I'm a bit out of touch with Edwin's offerings.

But- if you're in Sthm (or London fro that matter)sometime, there are 3 or 4 shops which sell a lot of 'vintage' denim.

Phew- enough.

B
T

Salv

One Too Many
BellyTank said:
But- if you're in Sthm (or London fro that matter)sometime, there are 3 or 4 shops which sell a lot of 'vintage' denim.

B
T

If you do get to London, American Classics in Endell Street in Covent Garden have all the current LVC, Lee and Wrangler repros - they had a larger shop in Chelsea but that had closed the last time I went past. Just over the road from American Classics is a shop ... whose name escapes me, but is possibly Interstate ... that sells Lee European 101Z and 101B, Carhartt, and Edwin jeans. And Lee have a shop in Carnaby Street that sells the Euro 101's but also has a small selection of Japanese repros, including stuff that the other stores never get, especially rare repro jackets.

thomasbonilsson

New in Town
Well thanks.

I am a size 29 or 30. If they go up the waist I am a 29.

Thanks for all the great tips. I will check them out and i have to get a pair of these "tan trousers"!

Thomas

thomasbonilsson

New in Town
Bellytank.

Hey by the way.

As new in this group and as new in Copenhagen you have to give me some tips of good shops. I can give you tips about shops in Malmoe. I am actually swedish.

Thomas

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
FredDairy said:
I had posted about the jacket Cochran has on in that picture on the vintagedemin site a few backs. Too bad that stuff is all in Europe!

Actually I saw a bunch of these on 4th street in Long Beach a few months back.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
What's a jeans? Just kidding

Problem with Levis' 501's is that they are not the same jeans they made in the 1800's the 20's the 30's the 50's or the 80's they keep changing th edesign and the cut. The modern ones have a bigger rear and giant pockets. THey sell the Evil jeans in Long beach along side the Levi's Vintage (they should really call them Levi's classic and not bastardize the name vintage for their own purposes). I like Levi's vintage though they are too expensive, and in the US they won't sell you the unwashed version.

Aero leather or Ebay is the best bet for the Levi's

Terry Lennox

Suspended
Levi vintage will sell the un-washed ones, but only if they carry it for that year. This year it's not an option. And yes, they are too expensive. But they're cheaper than buying NOS.

nightandthecity

Practically Family
if you put in the effort you can get LVC and Lee vintage on ebay for less or at least the same as a pair of their ordinary modern jeans. Jeez, I just listed a pair of Lee Europe 1950s repro 101z for £10 (that's about $20) and they didn't get a single bid!

nightandthecity

Practically Family
.....not to mention an ORIGINAL pair of full cut Lee 200-0041 that just sold for the grand sum of £21.01!! I must be doing something wrong.

Blackgrass

One of the Regulars
nightandthecity said:
if you put in the effort you can get LVC and Lee vintage on ebay for less or at least the same as a pair of their ordinary modern jeans. Jeez, I just listed a pair of Lee Europe 1950s repro 101z for £10 (that's about $20) and they didn't get a single bid!

What size are they? I might be interested!

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Not too expensive-

If you want sharp vintage denim, I really don't think Levis Vintage are TOO expensive at all- for what they are, especially in comparison with Supermarket Levis 501s. The LVC are quality- the denim is(hopefully still) made in Japan, home of the original Levis/Cone Mills narrow looms(shock...). LVC and the Vitage Lees are about as faithful repro as you can possibly get- thanks to the fastidious Japanese and their high standards.

Poo!

B
T

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelSturm