Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnny Depp Fedora

In fact, compared to larger sizes like those 60+, 58cm hats are already relatively way more easier to find. I think the main reason makes you feel hard to get an ideal hat is that the models you want were some very popular ones (the ones look like vintage stetson "Open Road", or "Stratoliner", or Akubra "CampDraft", whatever you call them), many people who like vintage OR style hats would purchase those models, but those models were in short supply these days, and some have even been discontinued. Not to mention that there're many people want to get a "JD" style hat, you could see how many seller put Johnny Depp's name on their title and ask for a somewhat ridiculous price online. If that's the specific hat you want, a brown open road fedora, my suggestion is that you could try to find a custom hat maker to make you one, just send him/her the pictures and he will take care all the rest.
As a custom hat maker I approve this comment!

Edward

Bartender
They had sales on the last of the deluxe models a year or so ago (maybe more).
Hats by the Hundred still has their model listed as Silverbelly. The pictures my be deceiving, but the Silverbelly looks to have a darker ribbon and a slightly different coloured felt.
My Silverbelly Campdraft (purchased from The Hattery) and my wife’s Sand Leisure Time (Hats by the Hundred) are quite different colours. View attachment 412380

That's interesting to note - and potential dangerous, given that awkward, inner voice which always insists I desperately need both of those very close shades to go with different outfits! ;)

Edward

Bartender
I saw a rodeo cowboy bend down, grab a handful of dirt from the arena floor, and commence to rub it all over his new, black hat. I thought he was doing the opposite of what a normal person would, which would be to brush off the dirt on a new, expensive western.

Reminds me of kids at school who didn't like being seen wearing new shoes: anyone spotted by the herd with a new pair of shoes was typically put through a "christening" ritual - basically having them stamped on, while they were being worn. I suppose there are a lot of fields where people like to age things so they don't look like a newb; then there's another camp who complain about artificial aging not being "earned". It's a funny old world.

The Shoe

One Too Many
Reminds me of kids at school who didn't like being seen wearing new shoes: anyone spotted by the herd with a new pair of shoes was typically put through a "christening" ritual - basically having them stamped on, while they were being worn. I suppose there are a lot of fields where people like to age things so they don't look like a newb; then there's another camp who complain about artificial aging not being "earned". It's a funny old world.
You know you do!

The Shoe

One Too Many
In junior high school in the early 1960's, pre hippy era the grail was to own a pair of black banker shoes (cap toe) and then compare/compete with each other to see who had the best spit shine on the toe. Stepping on a brother's shoe was a hanging offense.
Oops. I replied to the wrong post!
I was trying to say that @Edward knows he needs both the sand and the Silverbelly versions.

Monte

A-List Customer
In junior high school in the early 1960's, pre hippy era the grail was to own a pair of black banker shoes (cap toe) and then compare/compete with each other to see who had the best spit shine on the toe. Stepping on a brother's shoe was a hanging offense.
Yes. Back then kids were still eating around the diningroom table and taught manners. And more importantly, etiquette. A firm handshake is good but never touch a man's hat or step on his shoes. Take care of your new school and church clothes. Wearing patched pants and hats with holes was relegated to work/paint clothes. I liked dressing neat because my farm n ranch wardrobe was all stained, holey, and full of cow shit. Rant complete.

tangecon

New in Town
Anybody own any Borsalino Alessandria fedora's that could give me a review?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-23 at 9.40.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-23 at 9.40.46 PM.png
    491.4 KB · Views: 73

suitedcboy

One Too Many
I saw a rodeo cowboy bend down, grab a handful of dirt from the arena floor, and commence to rub it all over his new, black hat. I thought he was doing the opposite of what a normal person would, which would be to brush off the dirt on a new, expensive western.
Have you seen the charge for the soiling and other use markings? That cowboy did a $500 number on his hat. Or was it Nick Fouquet you saw in the arena working on a customer's hat?

Monte

A-List Customer
Have you seen the charge for the soiling and other use markings? That cowboy did a $500 number on his hat. Or was it Nick Fouquet you saw in the arena working on a customer's hat?
Well, I feel I could soil other garments which exist closer to the ground. Shoes, jeans, shirts. Trying to keep these alive is a job to itself.

Attachments

• 20220329_144656.jpg
    20220329_144656.jpg
    1,007 KB · Views: 65

D00R

One of the Regulars
Hey fedora fans, I got a Cappelleria Melegari Italian fedora size 58, I thought it would fit smaller like my Italian Borsalino Alessandria that run snug so I sized up considering their both Italian hats, Borsalino size 58 was a good fit, size 57 was unbearably tight. The Cappelleria Melegari is a beautiful hat that is true to size and a light weight that’s comfortable for such a wide brim tall crowned hat. The size 58 is a tad to big so maybe in time wearing it in the rain will make shrink like my Akubra. I’m going to try the steaming and then leave it on a lampshade for 5-10 minutes and wear it to shrink it. It took two months to arrive to the US but worth the wait.
IMG_8310.jpeg
IMG_8091.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner