Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnny Depp told to drop the hats by Vanessa Paradis

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
And if those pics ^ don't demonstrate style, I don't know what would...

Except for the one actually in the post. That one was iffy, but I think the rest demonstrate his style very well. It is not quite how I would dress (although I often incorporate bits of it) but I think it looks great.

johnny-depp-tim-burton-alice-in-wonderland-mad-hatter.jpg

GamaH

A-List Customer
I guess that's Johnny Depp for "**** no."

The hat in the last picture has a hole.. is that the one he bought from the homeless dude?

T Rick

Practically Family
I guess that's Johnny Depp for "**** no."

The hat in the last picture has a hole.. is that the one he bought from the homeless dude?

That one's been spotted on him a lot and discussed here. I seem to recall someone saying it was a vintage Borsalino?

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Yes the grey Boraslino is one of his favorite hats. Its a sweet hat and he can pull it off with all the shabby chic look he wears. Anyone else would not be able to pull that off.:)

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
I didn't read this whole thread (just the first and last page) but I'd be looking for a new girlfriend if I were him. LOL-I've been married three times and I've recently found that it's easier to find girls than a good vintage 7 5/8 fedora! I really don't care how Johnny dresses. He's a star and I have nothing in common with him except for the love of hats. If his hat purchases make them popular and revives the interest in our beloved hobby then more power to him!

Theodor Adorno

New in Town
Pot, Kettle, Black?

Apologies for introducing a slightly snippy tone to this, but how would Vanessa feel if Johnny suggested she visit a dentist? Assuming the hat-with-a-hole isn't unhygienic (bit of an assumption by the look of it ;) ) how's that or the 2 rooms full of hats harming her???

Zeut Alors! :eek:

HungaryTom

One Too Many
1980s single-hit popstar dinosaur turned into a domestic dragon terrorizing her husband - and people wonder why men decease 10 years prior to women....

Not even a housewife since I bet she gets maids and babysitters and whatever substitutes and gains thus a lots of spare time and energy resulting in such "fruits" of her mind instead of supporting his artist husband for instance.

Jo le taxi was 1988, the last Cold War year. I heard the last airing 10+ years ago.... No Arthur Rimbaud who stopped arts in his teenagehood but left a lasting oeuvre.
Otherwise she remains known in the boulevard press through her marriage only, no artistic output for the last decades, which is a clear sign that she never was a true artist. Depp is, and one of the best earning ones.

Passé composé clashing with Future.

Yes I am talking only about money since knockering the "beloved husband" BTW a handsome and charismatic multi-millionaire about his childish and comparably cheap hobby; too many hats - it isn't the sign of love. And since this is a repeat news there is something behind it.

Last edited:

The Good

Call Me a Cab
I think Johnny Depp's a pretty cool actor. He's not Steve McQueen or Sean Connery, but he's one of the most interesting of the current generation. I kind of wish he dressed more like he did in movies like Public Enemies (I just got my hair cut in a similar way today), but the fact that he wears fedoras and sometimes suits, however oddly matched, is kind of cool itself.

GamaH

A-List Customer
I think Johnny Depp's a pretty cool actor. He's not Steve McQueen or Sean Connery, but he's one of the most interesting of the current generation. I kind of wish he dressed more like he did in movies like Public Enemies (I just got my hair cut in a similar way today), but the fact that he wears fedoras and sometimes suits, however oddly matched, is kind of cool itself.

The Public Enemies dressing style was AMAZING. Optimo Hats no less.

Rats Riley

A-List Customer
Considering he's got the bucks, I see nothing wrong with him buying a bunch of lids. Some spend on cars or boats or booze. The man is one of the top box office draws... if he wants to spend his hard earned money on a hat or.... two hundred of them, so be it. He's not being self destructive or offensive.

Now what they need to do is to talk with some of the fellas on this site!

Just look at the Art Fawsett lids! I can't even imagine the money spent.

But I love to see it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran