Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnny depp unfinished raw natural leather jacket from crock of gold.

Unfinished

New in Town
Hi,
I’m trying to find this jacket that Johnny depp wore for the crock of gold premiere. It looks like unfinished leather. I love the pouch pockets on it. And I like the color as it will darken as it ages. Does anyone know who on earth makes or made this jacket? What brand is it?
It’s impossible to find it anywhere online and then I found fedora lounge.
Thanks for any help you can offer

Attachments

• IMG_6288.jpeg
    IMG_6288.jpeg
    53.4 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_6287.jpeg
    IMG_6287.jpeg
    164.3 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_6286.jpeg
    IMG_6286.jpeg
    63 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_6285.jpeg
    IMG_6285.jpeg
    60.4 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_6284.jpeg
    IMG_6284.jpeg
    179.8 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_6283.jpeg
    IMG_6283.jpeg
    187.9 KB · Views: 245

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
On the third picture with the sleeve, chamois tanned deerskin popped into my head. But I don't think that's it. Whatever it is, the jacket looks quite nice.

Unfinished

New in Town
It definitely looks like it has some weight to it. It hangs just right at the waist/pocket area. But it appears to have at least three loops at the top like it should have buttons on the other side~? A good looking small collar as well and not a shawl/Cossack collar but a slight zippered Cossack feel to it

Edward

Bartender
I haven't checked, but it could be RRL? I've seen photos of him wearing unusual, very TFL RRL outerwear in the past.

It definitely has the look of RRL to it. I know Depp has also worn Aero in the past, but this isn't close enough to any Aero model I've ever seen to be one of those, nor does it have any sense of their house style.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
RRL or some Japanese maker. Doesn‘t Real McCoys do a jacket with these pouch pockets? I recall a model called something like Mobster, could be a different maker too..

Unfinished

New in Town
RRL or some Japanese maker. Doesn‘t Real McCoys do a jacket with these pouch pockets? I recall a model called something like Mobster, could be a different maker too..
Maybe a Japanese maker eh? Good call. I did search the mobster. It has similar kind of pouch pockets but only in black and quite different

Unfinished

New in Town
It definitely has the look of RRL to it. I know Depp has also worn Aero in the past, but this isn't close enough to any Aero model I've ever seen to be one of those, nor does it have any sense of their house style.
Yeah and I was really wishing it was an Aero as well actually. Don’t know why. I was actually thinking it could be a custom one-off jacket by someone like Aero and only for Depp

Edward

Bartender
Yeah and I was really wishing it was an Aero as well actually. Don’t know why. I was actually thinking it could be a custom one-off jacket by someone like Aero and only for Depp

It would make it much easier to get one! I'd be surprised, though, as it'd be so far off their business model, and Ken has never been keen on chasing the celebrity association angle for publicity (despite having some serious hard-hitters as regular customers). TBh, I find this refreshing in today's world.

MrProper

I believe more and more that it is deerskin or moose leather. Because it is relatively thick, but looks very soft in the pictures.
I had a jacket in unfinished HH and it was much stiffer. It would never have draped like the jacket in these pictures.

Unfinished

New in Town
It would make it much easier to get one! I'd be surprised, though, as it'd be so far off their business model, and Ken has never been keen on chasing the celebrity association angle for publicity (despite having some serious hard-hitters as regular customers). TBh, I find this refreshing in today's world.
Yeah I hear ya but that’s kinda the angle I was thinking. Some place, probably not Aero now by the sounds of it, but not wanting or needing the publicity and just saying yeap Depp we can make you original without anyone needing to know about it. And I agree I find it refreshing too

Last edited:

Unfinished

New in Town
I believe more and more that it is deerskin or moose leather. Because it is relatively thick, but looks very soft in the pictures.
I had a jacket in unfinished HH and it was much stiffer. It would never have draped like the jacket in these pictures.
So the HH don’t end up draping that much even after a good wear in? Thick and stiff as? Hence the need for a pricey perfectly cut and stitched final product eh

MrProper

So the HH don’t end up draping that much even after a good wear in? Thick and stiff as? Hence the need for a pricey perfectly cut and stitched final product eh
The unfinished HH was the one from comipel, which is used by Aero, Simmons Bilt and a few others. The leather is not that thick, but still stiff. Even if it is broken in, it will not be as soft as deerskin. But that's only a problem for those who want it super soft.

Unfinished

New in Town
The unfinished HH was the one from comipel, which is used by Aero, Simmons Bilt and a few others. The leather is not that thick, but still stiff. Even if it is broken in, it will not be as soft as deerskin. But that's only a problem for those who want it super soft.
Ok. You’re right those pouch pockets especially you can see they give a little with whatever is inside them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takatāpui