Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnnyphi Hat Club

RPeers

One of the Regulars
Well finally some pictures, this is my Schoble Warburton, looking forward to getting my Adam Executive in.
2609364926_be0fb6780e.jpg

2609366070_f93ec37316.jpg

2609367240_29c2d0823f.jpg

Edited to add...
C0000228850_2.jpg

C0000228850_3.jpg

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Another nice one, Roadrunner. Welcome to the Johnnyphi hat club. There's a Stetson up for auction that I'm finding hard to resist now.

RPeers

One of the Regulars
BobC said:
Another nice one, Roadrunner. Welcome to the Johnnyphi hat club. There's a Stetson up for auction that I'm finding hard to resist now.
Heck your a 3/8 go for it just stay away from the 1/8th

And thanks roadrunner that airlite looks awesome aswell is the ribbon a half inch?

Roadrunner

One of the Regulars
I think it is. I actually intended to replace the ribbon, but in person I like it.

Bob, I hear you about those Stetsons. The 7 3/8 has too wide of a brim, but if that 7 1/8 were just a bit bigger...

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
Updated Avatar... The ultimate seal of approval...

The Airlite is worthy of an updated avatar!:eusa_clap

I'm glad you and Regina at JK worked out the shipment details. She's really trying hard to get things right. We all owe her a debt of gratitude. Shipping vintage lids to bonafide fedora experts is definitely outside of her normal routine, but she has done an amazing job of getting the hats to each of you.

We've had a few hiccups (Thanks for your patience Duggap and RPeers), but the system seems to be working very well, so far.

For those who are nervous, could you give your impression of the "moth nibbles"? Were they described adequately?

Roadrunner said:
Here they are.

2609302126_63f86e0614_o.jpg

2609301170_3fbf3b8d1a_o.jpg

That smile hasn't stopped since I opened the box. :)

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Congrats on joining the club Roadrunner and RPeers! Those are both very nice looking lids! They look great on you, you wear them well!

Nice pictures of the hat boxes Johnnyphi! Pretty cool to see where our hats originated from.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Slim Portly said:
SP, I hope to try a diamond bash on a hat some day and I hope it looks as good as this. Fantastic.

Thanks for the complement Slim Portly. Strangely enough, diamond bashes are my favorite, but I also think they may be easier to accomplish than some other bashes. It was fairly easy to create the front pinches, and the points in the side of the crown and back of the crown to create the 'diamond' just seemed to naturally fall into place.

Does anyone else have any comment as to the easy/difficulty nature of creating a diamond bash versus others?

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Slim Portly said:
Bob, that is a gorgeous bash on that lid.

Thanks, Slim. This one came to me already bashed, but I've been thinking about trying to make it a little more shallow to help keep the hat off my head. I may steam it a bit to see how it does.

Great looking hats, everyone. Mine is on my head as I type. ;)

Roadrunner

One of the Regulars
John, I have no issues with the nibbles, they are just as described and as I saw in the picture. On a hat this old things like that are to be expected.

Just a note for those of you who already have your hats, be sure to brush them! I gave mine a few swipes to get packing paper bits off of it and ended up brushing off 50 years worth of dust! It changed the color a bit once it was all off. I also put leather conditioner in the sweat since I'm working it with a stretcher to get a LO fit. It drank that stuff up like nobody's business. So don't forget to give your 'new' old hat some TLC when you take it out of that box.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Roadrunner said:
Just a note for those of you who already have your hats, be sure to brush them! I gave mine a few swipes to get packing paper bits off of it and ended up brushing off 50 years worth of dust! It changed the color a bit once it was all off. I also put leather conditioner in the sweat since I'm working it with a stretcher to get a LO fit. It drank that stuff up like nobody's business. So don't forget to give your 'new' old hat some TLC when you take it out of that box.

Roadrunner, can you recommend a brand of leather conditioner that has worked well in treating the sweatband? I also saw a picture on the Lounge of a sweatband that was damaged by the leather conditioner, so I'm assuming that going sparingly is the key? How much should you use?

Selentino

One of the Regulars
Thanks everyone for the compliments on the pacsetter. Took it out for a trail run on my evening walk. Light as air on my noggin. RR I'm glad you decided to keep the ribbon it really looks good on you.

Selentino

One of the Regulars
Was at my local guys shop and we discussed the Adam. He's a pretty good guy reached behind the counter and gave me a free brush and said "Adam made some nice hats take care of it" nuff said.

RPeers

One of the Regulars
My new Adam Executive 7 1/8th LO

Although the long oval designation scared me a little, this hat fits like a glove err a hat. (and the long oval tag mysteriously disappeared, sometime between the original photos Johnnyphi posted and when it arrived) I suspect I might have a slightly elongated head as my regular 1/8th's fit fine and feel great on but tend to leave a red mark on my forehead after some time on. (I think I need a hair cut too...)
2610860191_ecc7b23e66.jpg

and then I realized why use my shotty photography when there is great shots of this hat available...
B005005H05_3.jpg

B005005H05_4.jpg

YETI

A-List Customer
Do I see NOS vintage clothes too?

johnnyphi said:
Here's a view of the hats... as I found them.
000_0088.jpg

000_0091.jpg

000_0072.jpg

Seriously?!?!?!
000_0053.jpg

000_0055.jpg

I see a BVD shirt box stowed away in the back and some nice windowpane pattern coats on a rack. Are/where those for sale too?

RPeers

One of the Regulars
Oh John you asked about moth nibbles, this particular hat had quite few nibbles that were shown in the pictures provided for the auction, most of which were immediately "fixed" by pulling the ribbon lower onto the brim. The most obvious nibble just above the ribbon in the front looked worse in the picture then I think it does in real life (all the none hat aficionados have been shocked "Thats a moth nibble?!?" when I tried to point it out as the reason to the great deal, and from three feet away it's unnoticeable) , I believe with a light brushing and maybe a little teasing it will be all but gone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou