Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnnyphi Hat Club

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
What are you to do when your two favorites come up for bid at the same time?[huh]:rolleyes: I figured we would need a place to post these beauties once we get them. What about the ones already delivered, any pics on noggins?:D I lucked out on my two hats, I figured they would go for much more.

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
On behalf of MG-B...

On behalf of MG-B

MG-B said:
I won the auction for the 7 3/8 NOS Adam on Sunday. The hat arrived promptly on Thursday and it took me until Friday to work up the nerve to try to shape my first hat. But, if you look here you can see a brand new (roughly 50 year old) Adam with the start of a diamond bash to it. This was done without any water or steam (but with phone call to Art!). I'm still trying to get it straight. Once I feel comfortable with the shape, then I'll try using some steam to help it set. I didn't want to wait to show it off, so I'm posting the photos, even though I know it needs work on my part. (These are obviously very quickly done self-pics from my home office, so I apologize in advance.) But, the service was great, I'm really pleased with the hat and I'll post more pictures when I get it right.

Thanks Johnnyphi!

Here's a link for the photos.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=x96m7sw.33wlrwtk&x=0&h=1&y=-nw5oh0&localeid=en_US

MG-B

GWD

One Too Many
Here ya go. The feather light Stetson Week-Ender. With the super rare embroidered liner!

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Great Hat! Thanks Johnny!

Stan

A-List Customer
Hi,

I'm a 7 1/16, so I can either opt for a 7 1/8 and pad it, or a 7 and stretch it half a size.

For the first pass - note how I'm planning on getting more than one - I opted to go for a size 7. When it arrived, I found that this one, at least, had shrunk about half a size.

So, the stretching has to be for a full size. I took my time with this, stretching a little each pass, then letting it relax, then stretching a little more. In the end - two weeks time - I have it where it needs to be.

I put a simple center crease and front pinch in - then put it away in a hatbox. I'ts been too warm around here to wear the thing! Just my luck, you know.

One of these days I'll have to come up with some form of higher speed (higher than 26k anyway, which is all the dial up will go) internet connection. I don't much like the satellite option, but Clearwire is expanding in my direction. Myabe before too much longer, I can access their signals with a beam antenna.

Until then, though, no photos from me. I have lots of wonderful digital photo equipment, but only process to print - not to the web - due to a lack of bandwidth.

Oh, and - so far - I've not had the two at one time issue to deal with. :)

Next time, I'm opting to try a 7 1/8 instead of a 7, though.

Later!

Stan

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
WOWZER!!!!!!!!!!!!!My two hats arrived a bit ago and I just have to say how amazing they are. Got to me nicely packed and free of any damage. I took them out of the packing and instantly noticed how light they are, especially the thin ribboned Adam. The thing that instantly caught my attention with the Schoble is the definate purple hue to the dark grey hat. Really striking shade in person, but not overpowering with purple, but certainly purple. I put in some dry bashes and took some quicly pics that I will be able to post shortly. But let me just thank Johnnyphi, the deal on these hats is amazing and your professionalism and kindness are second to none.:eusa_clap I would reccommend that everyone bid on these hats because they are really special.

Oh and I hard a hard time deciding which one to wear first, but I am wearing the thin ribbon Adam with a diamond bash.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great hats, everyone. I especially like that thin ribbon gray, HB. I have one on the way myself. You're all making me anxious to receive the first one and to find another to bid on.

I'll show you mine in a day or two. It's due to arrive Friday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo