Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnnyphi Hat Club

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Recieved my Johnnyphi unlined Schoble Warburton today
1ajd1.png

1bjc5.png

1che8.png

5 3/8 crown, 2 3/8 brim. Not a lick of taper. John was not kidding when he said this one was soft. It is without a doubt the softest, lightest hat I have. The crown dents in a slight breezelol . I put the center dent in, but I don't think I will keep it that way.[huh]
It was packed great, the only spots on the box not kicked in was on the orange fragile stickers, but the hat came out unscathed. Thanks John:eusa_clap

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
New Auction Tomorrow...

I've been reading your posts from the past few days, and I'm very happy to see that you are all enjoying your new hats.

For those of you who are still in the market, I'll post several new hats tomorrow, and the end date will be set for Saturday evening.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Welcome back, Johnnyphi. Hope you had a relaxing break. Im lovin my latest. It was sitting outside my door when we got back from our little break. Timing couldn't have been better, and the hat.....WOW!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

BobC

handlebar bart said:
Thanks guys, I'm liking this one. Wore it to see Batman tonight....................but I put a deep diamond in the crown alaBob:D

Got any pictures of that diamond, Bart? I'm interested.

How was Batman? We haven't seen it yet.

Here's a question I've been meaning to ask of the hat historians here. What creases would have been popular in the 1940's when these hats were made (but never sold, thank you very much!)?

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
BobC said:
Got any pictures of that diamond, Bart? I'm interested.

How was Batman? We haven't seen it yet.

Here's a question I've been meaning to throw out to you hat historians. What creases would have been popular in the 1940's when these hats were made (but never sold, thank you very much!)?

I put the new one to bed:D but I will get a new picture up tomorrow. Bob, the movie was pretty darn good. Action packed:D

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
UH34D said:
Hey Bart, Whats "taper"?

Looking at the crown sides, it is a tapered or sloping sides. Alot of newer hats have it as it kind of tames down a fedora and makes it less dramatic, I guess. Most vintage lids had no taper, or straight crown sides. Some like a tapered crwon, and some don't. Alot of the people know more on the subject than I do, but hats can also taper due to wear, age, and water (or steaming?).

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
UH34D said:
I sure will, what time will they be posted?

I'm not sure. He usually posts them about midnight east coast time (roughly). But I believe these new auctions will end on Saturday. He has sold quite a few already and I believe everyone has been really happy with what they have recieved. I know I like the three I have bought.

BobC

I have two of Johnnyphi's hats, UH34D, and I'm very impressed with both of them. The Adams are light weight hats. The Stetsons are classics indeed. My Adam was prebashed to a teardrop and my Stetson came open crowned. The Stetson is a dream.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael