Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnnyphi Hat Club

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here you go, gentlemen. I didn't mean to keep you waiting, but we have a visitor in the house for a week or so and family events have filled my free time. The other thing is that this hat has had a jack pushing it into a longer oval since it arrived on Friday.

IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0299.jpg

This hat, an Adam Royal, arrived open crown and I put a diamond in it. This one is unlined and I like the nice tall and straight crown. It is also very light and much cooler. It's also my first thin ribbon. Thanks again, Johnnyphi.

BobC

Bart and Johnnyphi, Here ya go. These are my tripletts adopted from the most gracious Johnnyphi. Rest assured, they have found a good home and I will raise them right. :) ;)

IMG_0303.jpg

They are as you look at them left to right, my Adam Executive, my Stetson Royal Stetson (my favorite son), and my Adam Royal

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
BobC said:
IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0299.jpg

This hat, an Adam Royal, arrived open crown and I put a diamond in it.

Fantastic and the shot of the triplets was great.:eusa_clap My thin ribbon Adam from Johnny was my first and only thin ribbon fedora and it made me a believer. I wasn't sure if I would like the thin ribbon, but I find myself wearing it an awful lot. Looks fantastic on ya Bob and I wonder if it will get alot of time in the rotation, I'm guessin 'yes':D

BobC

handlebar bart said:
Fantastic and the shot of the triplets was great.:eusa_clap My thin ribbon Adam from Johnny was my first and only thin ribbon fedora and it made me a believer. I wasn't sure if I would like the thin ribbon, but I find myself wearing it an awful lot. Looks fantastic on ya Bob and I wonder if it will get alot of time in the rotation, I'm guessin 'yes':D

Thanks, Bart. I do like this hat. I too am guessing it will get a lot of rotation time, especially on spring and fall days when it's cooler but still to hot for a thicker fur hat.

I like the thin ribbon too. That's why I bid on it to begin with, but now that I have it in my hand, I like the light gray color too, even more in person.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Schoble Cavanagh 7 1/2

2750698829_d0e8aa62f5.jpg

Crisp medium weight felt, quite comfortable due to the lack of a liner.
First pic with the vest of a just-arrived suit, circa 1939.

I agree with the others - pearl grey is my favorite color. Extremely versatile.
I may put a deeper ribbon on. But this one (7/8") is growing on me.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Fletch said:
2750698829_d0e8aa62f5.jpg

Crisp medium weight felt, quite comfortable due to the lack of a liner.
First pic with the vest of a just-arrived suit, circa 1939.

I agree with the others - pearl grey is my favorite color. Extremely versatile.
I may put a deeper ribbon on. But this one (7/8") is growing on me.

Nice. I like the width of that brim. And the vest. That is real sharp looking.

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thanks for sharing...

These hats look great! Thanks for posting the pics.

I'm going to work on posting a few new hats tonight.

Keep your eyes peeled!

AlanC

I've been playing around with taking hat pictures and thought I'd throw the new photos of my johnnyphi Schoble up here. This came open crown and I added this dry diamond bash.

28075468924d62b9cbfdohz0.jpg

2807538986c5d86ab89abuo3.jpg

2807539000846a78b447bnn8.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
AlanC -- that hat is simply outstanding. Absolutely incredible. You are one lucky lidster! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
AlanC said:
I've been playing around with taking hat pictures and thought I'd throw the new photos of my johnnyphi Schoble up here. This came open crown and I added this dry diamond bash.

28075468924d62b9cbfdohz0.jpg

Simply beautiful! There's no other way to describe it.

AlanC

Thanks, guys!

This is one I've had for awhile, but I hadn't posted it in this thread and since I've been playing around with my camera I figured I'd put them up here. I've got some new/better pics of my johnnyphi Adam I'll post soon.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
I love that Schoble, Alan. It's a knock-out!

I just received my latest acquisition. Johnny, do you know how old this one is?
It's a dark, cloudy day, making pictures difficult, but I had to try. I couldn't contain my excitement on this one. Only one pic came out good, but here it is.
DSCF2139.jpg

Lee Trinity.

The flash seems to wash out the richness of the gray color, which seem like a deep pewter to me. It might be super-conservative, but it is beautiful anyway. Worth every hard earned penny.
Surprisingly, it turned out to be a long oval. Lee didn't put it on the size tag, but on the sweatband... sneaky. Fits great, though. At least now I know I can wear LO without a problem!
DSCF2141.jpg

Thank you Johnny, for doing these auctions. It has proven the only way for me to get my hands on vintage lids in my size and style preference. (Except for one kindly member, who sold me my first Trinity last year!)

BobC

Very nice, NB. Another wide binding. I think the wide binding just makes the hat. When you get a chance you'll have to let us see it on your head, won't you?

It's nice to see some fresh Johnnyphi hats being added to this thread. It's been a while.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Well, it's got a $10 original price tag, if that helps with dating. My guess would be 50's, but it's only a guess.

Yes, pictures that include my melon will be added as soon as can be managed!

Aviator

Familiar Face
Congratulations!!!

Not-Bogart13 said:
Wow, that is a knockout. I was really going to keep bidding on this, but I have a couple of panamas getting re-blocked at Optimo and my wife wouldn't give me an allowance for all three hats.:eusa_doh:
Color me envious...especially since it is a long oval. Really sharp and looking forward to seeing it on your noggin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo