Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnnyphi Hat Club

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
A doozy...

She's a doozy, huh?! I told you'd love it... What a great hat!

From what I was told by the owner of Hirsch's, Stetson stopped supplying the store in '48, and Lee was the brand they chose to replace Stetson.

Soooo... Without any input from experts like BK or Art, I'd say this hat is very late '40's or early '50's.

Not-Bogart13 said:
I love that Schoble, Alan. It's a knock-out!

I just received my latest acquisition. Johnny, do you know how old this one is?
It's a dark, cloudy day, making pictures difficult, but I had to try. I couldn't contain my excitement on this one. Only one pic came out good, but here it is.
DSCF2139.jpg

Lee Trinity.

The flash seems to wash out the richness of the gray color, which seem like a deep pewter to me. It might be super-conservative, but it is beautiful anyway. Worth every hard earned penny.
Surprisingly, it turned out to be a long oval. Lee didn't put it on the size tag, but on the sweatband... sneaky. Fits great, though. At least now I know I can wear LO without a problem!
DSCF2141.jpg

Thank you Johnny, for doing these auctions. It has proven the only way for me to get my hands on vintage lids in my size and style preference. (Except for one kindly member, who sold me my first Trinity last year!)

Delthayre

One of the Regulars
Grey with envy

I am really very envious of those who have been able to bid on these hats; many of them are really gorgeous. This Lee Trinity that was sold not long ago is one of the most achingly beautiful hats that I've ever seen. The shape, color, and ribbon (especially the wide edge binding) are just as I like it. It was in my size too.. I also love AlanC's Shoble; I especially like the wide, contrastive edge binding.

It's a pity for me that this all came to pass at a time when I cannot afford to participate, but I'm not too captive to envy that I can't enjoy simply beholding the good fortune of others.

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
I'm gonna be in trouble...

Not-Bogart13 said:
Surprisingly, it turned out to be a long oval. Lee didn't put it on the size tag, but on the sweatband... sneaky. Fits great, though. At least now I know I can wear LO without a problem!

Uh oh... I think some members of the Long Oval Unfortunates Club are gonna be ticked at old Johnnyphi. I'm glad this hat found a happy home with NB, but I think I might have a riot on my hands for listing that hat incorrectly.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Well, if it's any consolation to the Long Oval Rioters, it's barely a long oval. I didn't even notice a difference in fit from my regular oval Trinity. So, maybe it lost it's "longness" over time, and it's a blessing in disguise. :rolleyes:

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
Auction Analysis: Loyal members of the club

I spent some time reviewing data on the completed auctions this weekend.

Here's what I found:

Over 60 hats have been sold, to more than 30 members of the Johnnyphi Hat Club.

Most members of the club have purchased at least 2 hats...

Thank you all for your loyalty, and good luck in the upcoming auctions.

Please remember to post photos of your hats, after they arrive.

Neil

A-List Customer
Auctions?

Perhaps I am missing something here, but what are the auctions you are talking about? On Ebay?

Spats McGee

One Too Many
Neil Macdonald said:
Perhaps I am missing something here, but what are the auctions you are talking about? On Ebay?
Welcome to the Lounge, Neil. Johnnyphi has a bunch of hats that he's been auctioning here at the Fedora Lounge. Head down to the Merchants forum to find them.

Stan

A-List Customer
Right here

Hi,

They are in the Merchant's section of this very site. :)

Later!

Stan

Edit:

Oooh! We 'doubled' there! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk