Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just acquired Vanson Comet

Pushrod

One of the Regulars
I added some photos and moved this from another thread so as not to hijack anyones thread.

I picked up a Vanson Comet competion leather in a size 42 today. I took a 280 mile round trip ride to get it. I kept calling dealers until I found one who had a 42 Comet in stock, I was worried about fit and wanted to try it on before buying. I usually wear a 40 to 42 jacket, it depends on the brand, this is a snug fit but that is what I wanted, I was worried about the sleeves being too short but they were perfect. The shop owner said over the phone when I called yesterday that he would sell it to me for his cost if I came in, because he wasn't going to carry Vansons anymore. I tried it on with just a t-shirt on because that is how I plan on wearing it. When I retire I plan on moving south to a warmer climate and liked the thin lining in this one.
comet013.jpg

comet002.jpg

comet012.jpg

comet004.jpg

comet008.jpg

jon z

One of the Regulars
Pushrod: You've done it again. Another cool looking jacket. The fit is how I like my jackets, snug over a T. You carry off the look to perfection. Keep 'em coming.

I also made another purchase yesterday so check my thread. Vintage is my thing. Cheers.

jchosko

Familiar Face
that looks great on you--perfect fit. the vanson competition weight leathers are amazing jackets. and that tartan lining is classic! i have an enfield that is my current favorite--but it has the black lining unfortunately. somehow, the comets fit a little short on me. i actually have mine up on ebay right now if anyone is interested, it's a size 44 with the same tartan lining (moderators please delete if this is not allowed). it's an amazing jacket to be sure. someday i'll buy another comet with an inch or two added to the bottom...

enjoy it and wear it in good health!

injunjack

One of the Regulars
holy thread hi-jack

I've triet to e-mail Vanson aboput sizing of their Womens Comet, and have not got a reply. How fast are those guys in replying.

I'm thinking a Comet for my daughter who is short and petite.

Jack

WhiskeyTangoFox

One of the Regulars
Cool jacket! It goes great with the black Strat behind you. That was well worth the trip, I'd say.

By the way, what do you ride? Harley-Davidson, BMW airhead, old British iron? With a username like Pushrod I'm guessing that you don't ride a high-power sport bike. :)

Noel

Lama

New in Town
I gave up on dealing directly with Vanson when I wanted a Comet. I called there and everyone (although very nice) seemed like they were on a coffee break and were so ho-hum, and every question I asked lead to them say: "it will be 6 months for a custom blah, blah, blah".

I got turned on to Wade at Insurrection Vintage in Seattle, and he actually had custom Vanson Comets in stock (sorry mod's if this is not allowed), and he made the entire process easy. My $.02.

Pushrod

One of the Regulars
WhiskeyTangoFox said:
Cool jacket! It goes great with the black Strat behind you. That was well worth the trip, I'd say.

By the way, what do you ride? Harley-Davidson, BMW airhead, old British iron? With a username like Pushrod I'm guessing that you don't ride a high-power sport bike. :)

Noel
Well I got a few at the moment, but nothing special at this time, but I've had some that were. I have these three left:
This is my Police special:
Harley008.jpg

My Enfield Bullet:
Enfield6001.jpg

My Russian Ural with grandkids in the sidehack at our old homestead (Montana 1996)
ural.jpg

I'm trying to work a deal on this 58 Pan in a 52 Hydra wishbone frame:
100_0640.jpg

WhiskeyTangoFox

One of the Regulars
Very nice! I especially like the Royal Enfield but I think your new jacket will look equally at home on any of them.

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Noel

andy b.

One of the Regulars
Beautiful jacket!!! I have been trying to decide what type of leather jacket to get and I keep leaning towards something like yours.
I need one of those Ural sidecars to haul my kids around in. Cool bike.

andy b.

Pushrod

One of the Regulars
Gancho said:
Hello,

inspired by this thread this is my first post. Nice to meet you here! It´s a pleasure to see your jackets and to notice that I´m not alone with my craziness.

The Vanson Comet was my first love and it is still one of my favorites.
I´ve the luck to own one in horsehide. The leather is outstanding thick and built for multiple lifetimes.

See here:
printImage

printImage

printImage

printImage

The arms could be a little bit longer, but I think there will be no chance to get again a Vanson Comet like this.

So long

Gancho
That's a great looking jacket Gancho and horsehide to boot. What size is it?

Navin323i

Practically Family
Beautiful jacket, motorcycle, and family, Pushrod!

As you can tell, the admins were able to successfully activate my account and I can happily post here now. It was great chatting with you on your eBay posting... congrats on selling that jacket! :)

Navin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot