Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just when you thought you had seen it all . . . (Warning: Not for the fainthearted)

dannyk

One Too Many
No offence taken at all! If I expressed myself in a way that implied I was taking offence to the fact that you think that jacket was butt ugly that was not at all my intention. The way I see it you stated your opinion, and I stated mine. In this instance we happened not to agree. All good
All good brother.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Perhaps this mask is a worthwhile Covid compliance item:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/852416...h_query=mens+oscar+grouch&ref=sr_gallery-1-15

grouch.JPG

GHT

I'll Lock Up
This thread used to be about absolutely atrociously weird looking stuff, and while I get that these Swedish Army MC jackets are not everyone’s favourite I don’t think they fit in this thread.
Like & dislike, it's an eternal argument. One of the here today, gone tomorrow fashions of the Swinging Sixties in London, was the faux regency style. If I put up a photo of someone wearing a military 17th century jacket in today's climate, it would, no doubt, get laughed at. But let me tell you when I wore this back in the Sixties, it got compliment after compliment.
regency.jpg

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
^^ Speaking of Faux Regency, how about a whole car based upon it??
upload_2020-12-4_14-33-52.png

I actually loved these early '80's Oldsmobile Regency Sedans while I was a boy. I would have been a pre-teen when this was on the market.

Ok back to your regularly scheduled thread. :)

Like & dislike, it's an eternal argument. One of the here today, gone tomorrow fashions of the Swinging Sixties in London, was the faux regency style. If I put up a photo of someone wearing a military 17th century jacket in today's climate, it would, no doubt, get laughed at. But let me tell you when I wore this back in the Sixties, it got compliment after compliment.
View attachment 286257

Would wear.

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Images of Langlitz Japan’s high quality photos, featuring the classic articulate manny, established for me the perception of Langlitz being a next level, unobtainable brand a few years back (any brand followed by “Japan” would seem next level for me up until a few years ago). But now their latest post is showing me something very not next level. While the yellow Elk and the 1947 pattern is still very cool, I can’t help but notice how the two hand pockets are not on the same height?!? And tracing downward to the beginning of the zipper, you can see the left side dips lower than the right side.

Attachments

• 8B634225-6115-48B5-8D80-DEE134F3F6E3.jpeg
    8B634225-6115-48B5-8D80-DEE134F3F6E3.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 607

Graemsay

Practically Family

I expect that @red devil has one on order already. :D

red devil

Images of Langlitz Japan’s high quality photos, featuring the classic articulate manny, established for me the perception of Langlitz being a next level, unobtainable brand a few years back (any brand followed by “Japan” would seem next level for me up until a few years ago). But now their latest post is showing me something very not next level. While the yellow Elk and the 1947 pattern is still very cool, I can’t help but notice how the two hand pockets are not on the same height?!? And tracing downward to the beginning of the zipper, you can see the left side dips lower than the right side.

I was mesmerized with the hide and didn't notice these - pretty obvious when they are pointed out, thanks @regius - flaws

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
The lapels also look odd. They both have a different angle.

I've noticed the uneven pockets right away yesterday, and also that both jackets seem to lack the horizontal stitch extending from one pocket to another, but both... Let's refer to it as issues at this moment, seem to be present on the vintage elkhide example. Not sure what to make of it but it doesn't seem like a design choice as I'd imagine it would definitely be more pronounced then and not look like an error in making. As @Marc mndt pointed out, the lapels are also weird on the new jacket.

I've had similar opinion on Langlitz for the longest time but while I still consider them a very good maker, I honestly wouldn't place them one step above Vanson in any regard, not even hide-wise.
There was just nothing about any of the Langlitz jackets I have had, that was in any way superior to any Vanson. Same construction quality, similar leather. And that Michelin man cut.

El Marro

I've had similar opinion on Langlitz for the longest time but while I still consider them a very good maker, I honestly wouldn't place them one step above Vanson in any regard, not even hide-wise.
I would actually put Vanson a bit ahead of Langlitz when it comes to hide options. Langlitz offers medium or lightweight cowhide, or horse for an additional $1000.00. On the other hand Vanson has comp weight, X150, Z150, octagon, and they are much more open in general to variation end improvisation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana