1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

Knit replacement

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Toto1234, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Toto1234

Toto1234 New in Town

Do you guys know where could I buy knit replacements for a B10 and a A2 jacket ? Sleeves are kind of short on these jackets and I would like to replace the existing knits by ones that would be a little bit longer.

Thanks

2. robrinay

robrinay One Too Many

Check out this eBay seller who sells a variety
    lb4041j

3. Toto1234

Toto1234 New in Town

the ones he sells look like the regular size. I would like to find cuffs that are a little bit longer.

I actually have a Cockit G1 jacket that have 3 1/2 inches long knit cuff, so I know they exist.

4. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

All you know from that example is that Cockpit make long knits. Their stuff is synthetic and not accurate but maybe they will sell you a set of long knits?

5. Toto1234

Toto1234 New in Town

Not looking for accuracy
    Just want to see if can save my jacket by adding an inch to the sleeves

6. El Marro

El Marro Practically Family

Talk to Shaul at U.S Authentic. The G-1 that he made for me has abnormally long knits (3.5”) which I absolutely hate. Never imagined that someone would be looking for this, but since you are he may be able to help you out.

Peacoat and Seb Lucas like this.
  7. Flying Tigers

Flying Tigers New in Town

Hi! Total 1234, try this company from Japan - MASH. I ve deal with them in the past. Their service was great and they reply you promptly.
    Here is the link to their website: http://www.mash-japan.co.jp/oversea/index.cgi

Hope that helps!

bn1966 likes this.
  8. Doctor Strange

Doctor Strange I'll Lock Up

I second contacting Shaul at US Authentic. The sleeve knits on my old US A A-2 were considerably longer than standard.

9. Brettafett

Brettafett One Too Many

Where are you based Toto?
    I second all the above. Both Larry over at Flight Jacket knits (lb4041j on Ebay) and MASH make good knit.
    I have recently done this exercise with my AVI G-1, still have to 'propper' post pics, juts got it back. Had knits from Larry installed. You can have them installed so they do sit a bit further out and longer. Won't get an inch. These now sit very much like my Cockpit G-1's knits did, but these are of better quality. My sleeves are now a very comfortable length.
    IMG_20181022_125046004.jpg

Fonzie likes this.
  10. Peacoat

Peacoat I'll Lock Up

Welcome to the Board, @Flying Tigers.

There are other knit replacement threads from the past, although I think the suggestions above should provide sufficient options.