Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lace-up boot options for women

Barbara

One of the Regulars
I am hoping it's OK to crash into the guy's side. I am stumped in my search for lace-up boots, 20s, 30s style. I have an original pair that I'm loathe to wear out. The What Price Glory ones look nice, but I am not sure they make them small enough for women. I've also seen the Frye's boots, nice, but it seems anywhere you go, they have a zip on the side. Given the fact that I am in Spain, was wondering if anyone knows of some European military reproduction boots being offered on this side of the pond. I'm looking for lace-ups just under the knee, sans the modern zip.
Thanks for any ideas.

Peacoat

Bartender
It's OK for you to come in with a bona fide question. Hadley has been warned repeatedly to stay out, but you seem like a nice sort.

Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to your question. Perhaps someone else can give it a go.

Mr Badger

Practically Family
My wife very much admires Stacy Adams' Madison boot, as they're dainty enough to pass for ladies' footwear, yet they have an undeniably solid, Depression-era look.

shoes_iaec1088312.jpg

She did buy a pair of vintage Cowtown 'lacer' boots a month or so ago which, again, have a nice profile, and are light in weight. These are sometimes known as 'kiltie' or 'packer' boots and turn up regularly on E*ay for not much money. Here's a pic of the variant made by the boot company, Justin - with most of these types of boots, the little leather 'kiltie' is a separate piece of leather from the tongue, and can just be unlaced and removed...

MRJSLarge_L0506.jpg

Barbara

One of the Regulars
Thanks so much for your reply. I did find a pair of riding boots from Burberry. They are pretty expensive, though they are probably boots for life.

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
Perhaps if anyone is going to Goodwood revival they could pick up a card from the leathr bootmaker there? They are about £500 but oh they're beautiful and made to order.
I have seen Burberry's boots and they are gorgeous.
K

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21